Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Teacher books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- 1. Lesson Planner for Teachers: Weekly and Monthly Teacher Planner | Academic Year Lesson Plan and Record Book with Floral Cover (July through June) (2019-2020 Lesson Plan Books for Teachers) (2019)
- 2. Teacher Coloring Book: A Humorous, Snarky & Unique Adult Coloring Book for Teachers for Stress Relief and Relaxation (2018)
- 3. Lesson Planner: Teacher Agenda For Class Organization and Planning | Weekly and Monthly Academic Year (July – August) | Blue Floral (2019-2020) (2019)
- 4. Teachers, Schools, and Society: A Brief Introduction to Education (2011)
- 5. Attention-Grabbing Starters & Plenaries for Teachers: 99 Outrageously Engaging Activities to Increase Student Participation and Make Learning Fun (Needs-Focused Teaching Resource) (2017)
- 6. Teacher Life: A Snarky Chalkboard Coloring Book (2016)
- 7. Including Students with Special Needs: A Practical Guide for Classroom Teachers (6th Edition) (2011)
- 8. The Italian Teacher: A Novel (2019)
- 9. Happy Teachers Change the World: A Guide for Cultivating Mindfulness in Education (2017)
- 10. The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox: Hundreds of Practical Ideas to Support Your Students (The Teacher’s Toolbox Series) (2018)
- Related YouTube Video
1. Lesson Planner for Teachers: Weekly and Monthly Teacher Planner | Academic Year Lesson Plan and Record Book with Floral Cover (July through June) (2019-2020 Lesson Plan Books for Teachers) (2019)
2019 – 2020 Teacher Planner| Pretty Simple Planners Our new 2019-2020 Lesson Plan Book For Teachers is finally here! This beautiful planner is printed on high quality interior stock with an adorable cover. Each monthly spread (July 2018 through June 2019) contains an overview of the month, a notes section, inspirational quotes, and fun holidays such as National Donut Day! The weekly spreads include space to write your lessons plans for each subject (up to 7) for the entire week. Grab your colored pens and washi tape and let’s get organized! Hair in a bun and get it done, girl!…
2. Teacher Coloring Book: A Humorous, Snarky & Unique Adult Coloring Book for Teachers for Stress Relief and Relaxation (2018)
Let your coffee be strong and your students be calm ~ Teacher Coloring Book This just released Adult Coloring Book for Teacher is the ideal way to de-stress and relax for any teacher looking to release tension and build up stress in a fun, humorous and therapeutic way. This hilarious, snarky Teacher Coloring Book features 30 uniquely crafted single page designs. You will not find these designs anywhere else! Single sided pages allow you to remove the finished artwork for framing or to use as you please. Featuring some of the most hilarious…
3. Lesson Planner: Teacher Agenda For Class Organization and Planning | Weekly and Monthly Academic Year (July – August) | Blue Floral (2019-2020) (2019)
The perfect lesson planner to start your school year!A simple interior design that is free of clutter with lots of extra space to write. Full of inspirational quotes and affirmations to help motivate you through the months and weeks ahead. A beautiful and durable cover and high-quality paper; you can be sure it will last the entire school year.Features: Pick one up today and make organizing your school year effortless! Search Emmeline Bloom on Amazon to see even more cover design styles to suit your needs….
Combining the brevity of a streamlined Introduction to Education text with the support package of a much more expensive book, the brief edition of Teachers, Schools, and Society encourages experienced instructors to explore their own creativity while ensuring that newer faculty can teach the course with confidence. David Sadker’s and Karen Zittleman’s lively writing style captures the joys and challenges of teaching. The text stresses the importance of fairness and justice in school and society, focuses on the most crucial topic areas, and integrates the most current issues in education. In addition, the wealth of activities…
5. Attention-Grabbing Starters & Plenaries for Teachers: 99 Outrageously Engaging Activities to Increase Student Participation and Make Learning Fun (Needs-Focused Teaching Resource) (2017)
In line with Rob Plevin’s hugely popular “Needs-Focused Classroom Management System” for teachers, this book offers a huge range of ready-to-use activities, resources and ideas to start your lessons with a BANG and end them on a HIGH. Adaptable for any subject area, the ideas and suggestions in this book will enable you to capture students’ interest and attention from the outset, increase engagement and encourage participation among even the most reluctant learners. You’ll learn how to… – hook ALL your students from the moment your lesson begins, – set up…
| | You’ve molded play dough and minds and guided lessons and lives. You’re a coach, counselor, and cape-less hero who deserves endless thanks and a starting salary of ten million dollars a year. When inspiring and shaping the future of the world gets to be too much, flip open this Coloring Book for Grown Ups for some laughs and love!#Teacherlife is the best life! Happy Coloring! Product Details:…
7. Including Students with Special Needs: A Practical Guide for Classroom Teachers (6th Edition) (2011)
The Sixth edition integrates today’s expectations for students with the authors’ strong commitment to inclusive practices, tempered by the realities of day-today teaching. This text provides a firm grounding in special education practices, an understanding of the professionals who support these students and the procedures followed to ensure their rights are upheld, and a wealth of research-based strategies and interventions that can foster their success….
8. The Italian Teacher: A Novel (2019)
Conceived while his father, Bear, cavorted around Rome in the 1950s, Pinch learns quickly that Bear’s genius trumps all. After Bear abandons his family, Pinch strives to make himself worthy of his father’s attention–first trying to be a painter himself; then resolving to write his father’s biography; eventually settling, disillusioned, into a job as an Italian teacher in London. But when Bear dies, Pinch hatches a scheme to secure his father’s legacy–and make his own mark on the world. With his signature humanity and humor, Tom Rachman examines a life lived in…
9. Happy Teachers Change the World: A Guide for Cultivating Mindfulness in Education (2017)
Happy Teachers Change the World is the first official, authoritative manual of the Thich Nhat Hanh/Plum Village approach to mindfulness in education. Spanning the whole range of schools and grade levels, from preschool through higher education, these techniques are grounded in the everyday world of schools, colleges, and universities.Beginning firmly with teachers and all those working with students, including administrators, counselors, and other personnel, the Plum Village approach stresses that educators must first establish their own mindfulness practice since…
10. The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox: Hundreds of Practical Ideas to Support Your Students (The Teacher’s Toolbox Series) (2018)
The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox is a practical, valuable resource to be used by teachers of English Language Learners, in teacher education credential programs, and by staff development professionals and coaches. It provides hundreds of innovative and research-based instructional strategies you can use to support all levels of English Language Learners. Written by proven authors in the field, the book is divided into two main sections: Reading/Writing and Speaking/Listening. Each of those sections includes “Top Ten”…
Best Teacher Books You Should Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some teacher books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
The teacher development continuum in the United States and China : summary of a workshop
Author(s): Ana Ferreras and Steve Olsen, rapporteurs ; A. Ester Sztein, ed.; et al.
ID: 1324837, Publisher: National Academies Press, Year: , Size: 925 Kb, Format: pdf
1000 quick writing ideas : a journal and creative writing kit
Author(s): Stevan Krajnjan.
ID: 920823, Publisher: Timesavers for Teachers, Year: , Size: 2 Mb, Format: pdf
ID: 2318951, Publisher: TeacherHelpForParents.com, Year: Nov 19, 2012, Size: 296 Kb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not absolute. Some books are absolutely hot items according to Chicago Tribune, others are composed by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant resources you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.