Our list of some of the best Rowing books & series in recent years. Get inspired by one or more of the following books.
- The Erg Book: 375+ of the Greatest Indoor Rowing Workouts of All Time (2016)
- Rowing Faster: Serious Training for Serious Rowers (2011)
- The Biomechanics of Rowing (2016)
- The Complete Guide to Indoor Rowing (Complete Guides) (2012)
- The Short and Snarky Guide to Coxing & Rowing: Straight Talk on Coxing and Rowing from Real Coxswains (2014)
- Rowing to Latitude: Journeys Along the Arctic’s Edge (2002)
- Rowing Through The Barbed Wire Fence (2017)
- The Rowing and the Pursuit of Excellence (2017)
- It’s Ok If You Office … Rowing Gift Idea for Christmas or Birthday (2019)
- Women Rowing North: Navigating Life’s Currents and Flourishing As We Age (2020)
- Summary of Women Rowing North by Mary Pipher: Navigating Life’s Currents and Flourishing as We Age (2019)
It doesn’t matter if you are rowing for fitness, competition, as part of a training program for on-the-water rowing, or just dipping a toe into the world of indoor rowing, we’ve got you covered. Written by three long-time rowing coaches, we tell it like it is with a dash of humor.
Get a length up on the competition with cutting-edge technique, training, and racing information. Let the world’s top coaches, rowers, and sport scientists steer you to ultimate success, starting with sound training and racing principles and adding increasingly advanced instruction and insights all the way to the finish.
The Biomechanics of Rowing (2016)
In rowing, races are often won in spite of, not because of, technique, and many misconceptions still preoccupy both rowers and coaches. This book explains the facts about rowing technique and will help you to find the right way to achieve your best performance.
The Complete Guide to Indoor Rowing (Complete Guides) (2012)
Indoor rowing machines (or ergometers) were once used only by outdoor rowers during their winter training. Over the last twenty years however the benefits of indoor rowing have attracted more and more users, and now every gym comes with one as standard.
The Short and Snarky Guide to Coxing & Rowing: Straight Talk on Coxing and Rowing from Real Coxswains (2014)
From the often hilarious social media account @shortandsnarkyrowing, The Short and Snarky Guide to Rowing and Coxing is funny, irreverent, and something your coxswains will actually read. This is totally unlike other coxing books.
Jill Fredston has traveled more than twenty thousand miles of the Arctic and sub-Arctic-backwards. With her ocean-going rowing shell and her husband, Doug Fesler, in a small boat of his own, she has disappeared every summer for years, exploring the rugged shorelines of Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Spitsbergen, and Norway.
In the autumn of 1961, nine young men — rowers of Vilnius Žalgiris athletic association — became USSR rowing champions and were invited to the USSR national team. Though they had very important international competitions ahead of them, they were hounded at every turn by the echoes of the postwar years.
The Rowing and the Pursuit of Excellence (2017)
A Californian who had never touched an oar before arriving at Yale, Stephen Kiesling became part of the “engine room” of the varsity eight. His senior project was to write a book on the philosophy of sport while attempting to qualify for the Olympic Team. This is his story, told from inside the shell, of one of the most exciting races ever rowed.
It’s Ok If You Office … Rowing Gift Idea for Christmas or Birthday (2019)
• Dotted • Size: 6 x 9″ • Notebook • Journal • Planner • Dairy • 110 Pages • Classic White Dotted Paper • For Writing, Sketching, Journals and Hand Lettering • Great and inexpensive Birthday, Christmas or Anniversary Gift Idea • Perfect for both travel and fitting right on your bedside table
From the New York Times bestselling author of Reviving Ophelia, a guide to wisdom, authenticity, and bliss for women as they age. Women growing older contend with ageism, misogyny, and loss. Yet as Mary Pipher shows, most older women are deeply happy and filled with gratitude for the gifts of life. Their struggles help them grow into the authentic, empathetic, and wise people they have always wanted to be.
Summary of Women Rowing North by Mary Pipher: Navigating Life’s Currents and Flourishing as We Age (2019)
• An examination of , !• Offers and to the issues of aging!• A on how to and !• ! A of a book! / !• An and book by Mary Pipher is an excellent examination of the developmental and cultural issues that confront women as we navigate through aging and old age.
Best Rowing Books That You Need
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Library Genesis and download some rowing books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
The Biomechanics of Rowing: A Unique Insight Into the Technical and Tactical Aspects of Elite Rowing
Author(s): Dr. Valery Kleshnev
ID: 2764311, Publisher: Crowood Press, Year: 2021, Size: 51 Mb, Format: epub
The Triumph of the Amateurs: The Rise, Ruin, and Banishment of Professional Rowing in the Gilded Age
Author(s): William Lanouette
ID: 2965731, Publisher: Lyons Press, Year: 2021, Size: 4 Mb, Format: pdf
101 Best Rowing Workouts
Author(s): sarah Fuhrmann
ID: 2548310, Publisher: Hatherleigh Press, Year: 2020, Size: 3 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not absolute. Some books are really best-sellers according to Los Angeles Times, others are written by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant links you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.