Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Preaching books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- Preaching: Communicating Faith in an Age of Skepticism (2016)
- Become a Preaching Ninja: Sharpen Your Skills, Hone Your Craft, Maximize Your Impact as a Preacher (2019)
- The Witness of Preaching, Third Edition (2016)
- On Preaching: Personal & Pastoral Insights for the Preparation & Practice of Preaching (2014)
- Preaching (2010)
- Preaching Forward: Calling, Character and Craft (2019)
- Homiletics and Hermeneutics (2018)
- 12 Essential Skills for Great Preaching (2018)
- Preaching for the Rest of Us: Essentials for Text-Driven Preaching (2018)
- Preaching as Resistance: Voices of Hope, Justice, and Solidarity (2018)
- Preaching That Moves People: How To Get Down the Mountain of Your Messages with Maximum Impact (2018)
- Preaching in the Purple Zone (2019)
- The Preaching Life (Dan Josselyn Memorial Publication (Paperback)) (1993)
Most Christians—including pastors—struggle to talk about their faith in a way that applies the power of the Christian gospel to change people’s lives. Timothy Keller is known for his insightful, down-to-earth sermons and talks that help people understand themselves, encounter Jesus, and apply the Bible to their lives.
Become a Preaching Ninja: Sharpen Your Skills, Hone Your Craft, Maximize Your Impact as a Preacher (2019)
WHAT CHURCH LEADERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS BOOKToday’s preacher has plenty of challenges to overcome. With this book, Lane calls us to a level of excellence that pastors need to achieve if we are going to capture the attention of a highly distracted world. If you are looking to take your preaching to the next level, this book will help.
This is a newly revised edition of one of the standard introductory preaching textbooks on the market today. Beginning with a solid theological basis, veteran preacher and best-selling author Thomas G. Long offers a practical, step-by-step guide to writing a sermon. Long centers his approach around the biblical concept of witness.
If you are a pastor, you know the importance of preaching. You have spent time learning and refining the art of preaching because it is vital to the life of God’s people—including the preacher. But you probably also find it challenging. On Preaching is a masterful resource that will refresh your soul and revitalize your preaching ministry. Drawing upon Scripture and years of preaching experience, H. B.
A standard textbook on the art and craft of preaching. Craddock weaves history, theology, and hermeneutics into an exhaustive text on sermon preparation and preaching. Painstakingly prepared for seminary students and clergy, this book answers the fundamental question: How does one prepare and deliver a sermon? Craddock’s approach is practical, but also allows for concentrated study of any particular dimension of the process. “Filled with practical wisdom. . . .
As a preacher, you are the response of Heaven to the cry of your city!Clarify your calling, strengthen your character, and develop your craft as a preacher.In this book, Samuel Deuth, the author of the best selling book, Following Jesus, shares from his 20+ years of preaching and ministry leadership experience.Whether you’re just beginning in ministry or you’ve been following the call for years, this book will stir and encourage you in three specific areas that are the