Here is a list of the best Occult books, some I have read myself, some that I did research on, and all have great reviews!
- The Book of Smokeless Fire (2017)
- The Black Arts: A Concise History of Witchcraft, Demonology, Astrology, and Other Mystical Practices Throughout the Ages (Perigee) (1968)
- The Occult: The Ultimate Guide for Those Who Would Walk with the Gods (2015)
- DICTIONARY OF THE OCCULT- (Wordsworth Collection) (1997)
- The Occult Roots of Nazism: Secret Aryan Cults and Their Influence on Nazi Ideology (1993)
- Liber 420: Cannabis, Magickal Herbs and the Occult (2018)
- Egregores: The Occult Entities That Watch Over Human Destiny (2018)
- The New Encyclopedia of the Occult (2003)
- The “Supernatural” Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls (2007)
- Occult America: White House Seances, Ouija Circles, Masons, and the Secret Mystic History of Our Nation (2010)
- Magic: An Occult Primer (2016)
- Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion: A Reader in the Anthropology of Religion (2009)
- Related YouTube Video
The Book of Smokeless Fire (2017)
The Book of Smokeless Fire By S. Ben Qayin "The work that is being presented in "The Book of Smokeless Fire" is based on a very little known and overlooked Solomonic text simply known as "Miscelaneo de Salomon," which amazingly mirrors that of Lovecraft's, "Necronomicon" both in content and history.
The Black Arts: A Concise History of Witchcraft, Demonology, Astrology, and Other Mystical Practices Throughout the Ages (Perigee) (1968)
The Black Arts is a fascinating and wonderfully readable exploration of the practice, theory, and underlying rationale of magick and occultism in all its branches, including witchcraft, spells, numerology, astrology, alchemy, kabbalah, tarot, charms, and summoning and control of spirits. This edition features a 50th anniversary introduction by historian of alternative spirituality Mitch Horowitz, who frames the book for a new generation of readers.
Colin Wilson’s great classic work is a comprehensive history of mystery and “magic”. His genius lies in producing a skilful synthesis of the available material; clarifying without simplifying, seeing the occult in the light of reason and reason in the light of the mystical and paranormal. It is a journey of enlightenment – a wide-ranging survey of the whole subject and an insightful exploration of Man’s latent powers.
The Wordsworth Reference Library includes language dictionaries, language guides, historical references, and much more. This popular series covers everything from the familiar and practical to the extraordinary and outrageous.
Nearly half a century after the defeat of the Third Reich, Nazism remains a subject of extensive historical inquiry, general interest, and, alarmingly, a source of inspiration for resurgent fascism in Europe. Goodrick-Clarke’s powerful and timely book traces the intellectual roots of Nazism back to a number of influential occult and millenarian sects in the Habsburg Empire during its waning years.
Although little known, cannabis and other psychoactive plants held a prominent and important role in the Occult arts of Alchemy and Magic, as well as being used in ritual initiations of certain secret societies. Find out about the important role cannabis played in helping to develop modern medicines through alchemical works.
The first book to explore the history and influence of egregores, powerful autonomous psychic entities created by a collective group mind • Examines the history of egregores from ancient times to present day, including their role in Western Mystery traditions and popular culture and media • Reveals documented examples of egregores from ancient Greece and Rome, Tibetan Buddhism, Islam, modern