Until you’ve consumed all of the best Note Taking books, can you even claim to be a true fan?
- 1. The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking (2012)
- 2. Effective Notetaking (Study Skills) (2018)
- 3. How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers (2017)
- 4. Note-Taking Manual: A Study Guide for Interpreters and Everyone Who Takes Notes (2013)
- 5. The Art of Visual Notetaking: An interactive guide to visual communication and sketchnoting (2019)
- 6. Lecture and Note-Taking Guide, to Accompany Calculus Concepts (Custom Edition for Clemson University) (2013)
- 7. Cornell Notes Notebook: Note Taking with Graph Paper Quad Grid, Index and Numbered Pages, Science (2019)
- 8. Cornell Note Taking Method Notebook: From Explanation and Example to Execution (2019)
- 9. Cornell Notes Notebook: Pretty Metallic Rose Gold Cornell Note Paper Notebook. Cute Girly Large College Ruled Medium Lined Journal Note Taking System for School and University. (2019)
- 10. Visual Note-Taking for Educators: A Teacher’s Guide to Student Creativity (2015)
- 11. Note Taking, Grades 4 – 8: Lessons to Improve Research Skills and Test Scores (2003)
- 12. How To Take Great Notes Quickly And Easily: A Very Easy Guide: (40+ Note Taking Tips for School, Work, Books and Lectures. Cornell Notes Explained. … More.) (The Learning Development Book Series) (2017)
- 13. Listening & Notetaking Skills: Level 2, 4th Edition (2013)
- 14. 2019-2020 Academic Planner: College & School Planner | Weekly And Monthly Agenda 2019 2020 | August 2019 To July 2020 | Calendar Schedule Organizer With Floral Lettering Cover (2019)
- Related YouTube Video
This gorgeous, fully illustrated handbook tells the story of sketchnotes–why and how you can use them to capture your thinking visually, remember key information more clearly, and share what you've captured with others. Author Mike Rohde shows you how to incorporate sketchnoting techniques into your note-taking process–regardless of your artistic abilities–to help you better process the information that you are hearing and seeing through drawing, and to actually have fun taking notes. The Sketchnote Handbook explains and illustrates practical sketchnote techniques…
2. Effective Notetaking (Study Skills) (2018)
You can predict how well a student will do simply on the basis of their use of effective study strategies. Effective notetaking is for college students who are serious about being successful in study, and teachers who want to know how best to help their students learn. Being a successful student is far more about being a smart user of effective strategies than about being ‘smart’. Research has shown it is possible to predict how well a student will do simply on the basis of their use of study strategies. This workbook looks at the most important group of study skills – how to take notes (with advice on how to…
3. How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers (2017)
The key to good and efficient writing lies in the intelligent organisation of ideas and notes. This book helps students, academics and nonfiction writers to get more done, write intelligent texts and learn for the long run. It teaches you how to take smart notes and ensure they bring you and your projects forward. The Take Smart Notes principle is based on established psychological insight and draws from a tried and tested note-taking-technique. This is the first comprehensive guide and description of this system in English, and not only does it explain how it works, but also why. It suits students and academics in…
Many people have the need to take notes: interpreters, attorneys, health care providers, and students, among others. Some try to learn short-hand, a complex system which requires several months (even years) of practice to master. There is a widely unknown but simple alternative to take notes more clearly and efficiently. Jean François Rozan and Andrew Gillies, two pioneer conference interpreters, provide techniques to significantly streamline note-taking. Although originally created for interpreters, these practical guidelines are extremely helpful to anyone who takes notes. The…
5. The Art of Visual Notetaking: An interactive guide to visual communication and sketchnoting (2019)
Visual notetaking is the perfect skill for journaling, class lectures, conferences, and any other time that retaining information is key. Also referred to as , visual notetaking is ideal for documenting processes, planning projects, outlining ideas, and capturing information. And as you'll learn in The Art of Visual Notetaking, this approach doesn't require advanced drawing or hand-lettering skills; anyone can learn how to use simple lines, connectors, shapes, and text to take dynamic notes. In The Art of Visual Notetaking, aspiring sketchnoters and journalers will find helpful…
6. Lecture and Note-Taking Guide, to Accompany Calculus Concepts (Custom Edition for Clemson University) (2013)
Lecture and Note-Taking Guide, to Accompany Calculus Concepts (Custom Edition for Clemson University)…
7. Cornell Notes Notebook: Note Taking with Graph Paper Quad Grid, Index and Numbered Pages, Science (2019)
This Cornell Note Taking System notebook has the standard cue and summary sections, with quadrille grid graph lines for the notes area – perfect for science, chemistry, math and architectural notes.Includes date, subject and topic on each numbered page. With the Table of Contents Index you’ll be able to stay organized and study with ease….
The Cornell Note Taking Method Notebook: From Explanation and Example to Execution is the perfect system to elevate your study habits to the next level and succeed your way through school. Whether you’re in middle school, high school, college, or a post-graduate program, this elegant, minimalistic notebook, will be a great companion to study with as you prep to ace your exams….
9. Cornell Notes Notebook: Pretty Metallic Rose Gold Cornell Note Paper Notebook. Cute Girly Large College Ruled Medium Lined Journal Note Taking System for School and University. (2019)
Promotional Limited Time OfferCornell Notes Notebook Features…
A step-by-step guide for teachers to the benefits of visual note-taking and how to incorporate it in their classrooms. We’ve come a long way from teachers admonishing students to put away their drawings and take traditional long-form notes. Let’s be honest: note-taking is boring and it isn’t always the most effective way to retain information. This book is a guide for teachers about getting your students drawing and sketching to learn visually. Whether in elementary school or high school, neuroscience has shown that visual learning is a very effective way to retain…
Encourage students in grades 4 and up to improve their research skills and test scores using Note Taking. This 48-page book helps students develop strategies for effective note-taking from textbooks, novels, research, online resources, and classroom lectures. It illustrates techniques such as Venn diagrams, webs, tables, lists, summaries, scanning, note cards, and cause and effect. The book also includes teacher ideas for note-taking activities, references, and answer keys….
12. How To Take Great Notes Quickly And Easily: A Very Easy Guide: (40+ Note Taking Tips for School, Work, Books and Lectures. Cornell Notes Explained. … More.) (The Learning Development Book Series) (2017)
Unsure if you are taking notes that cover everything they should? Unable to write notes fast enough to keep up with your teacher? Want to know the secret to getting 100% from every lesson and meeting? FREE book included: “How to Study”…
The new edition of the Listening and Notetaking Skills series incorporates engaging National Geographic content and video featuring authentic interviews and videos with National Geographic Explorers! This unique approach engages learners while enhancing listening comprehension and developing notetaking and study skills….
14. 2019-2020 Academic Planner: College & School Planner | Weekly And Monthly Agenda 2019 2020 | August 2019 To July 2020 | Calendar Schedule Organizer With Floral Lettering Cover (2019)
Planners and Organizers for Women – Academic Calendar & Planner 2019-2020 is a student planner covering academic year August 2019 – July 202. There are Daily, Weekly spaces to write your notes. There is also a section for new contacts & addresses and timetables. The university calendar & student planner has a Perfect size (6 x 9 inches)….
Best Note Taking Books Everyone Should Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some note taking books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Mastering Evernote as the Brain Extension: A Guide to the Most Effective Tips and Tricks for Powerful Note Taking and Idea Organization for Your Study, Business, and Life
Author(s): Vega, Neil
Publisher: , Year: 2020, Size: 887 Kb, Download: epub
Mastering OneNote - New 2019 OneNote For Windows 10: A Guide to Acquire Productivity Tips and Tricks to Master a Free Feature-Packed Note-Taking Ecosystem for Business and Study
Author(s): Vega, Neil
Publisher: , Year: 2020, Size: 12 Mb, Download: epub
Taking Smart Notes with DEVONthink
Author(s): Kourosh Dini
Publisher: , Year: 2020, Size: 163 Mb, Download: pdf
Lecture & Note-Taking Guide: To Accompany Calculus Concepts, 13th Edition
Author(s): Sherry Biggers, Randy Davidson, Jennifer Hanna, Judith McKnew
Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc., Year: 2019, Size: 9 Mb, Download: pdf
Write On! Math: Note Taking Strategies That Increase Understanding and Achievement
Author(s): Robert K. Gerver; Julianne Gerver
Publisher: Information Age Publishing, Year: 2018, Size: 22 Mb, Download: pdf
Note-Taking for Consecutive Interpreting: A Short Course
Author(s): Andrew Gillies
Publisher: Routledge, Year: 2017, Size: 3 Mb, Download: pdf
Take Note! Taking and Organizing Notes
Author(s): Ellen Range
Publisher: Cherry Lake Publishing, Year: 2014, Size: 14 Mb, Download: pdf
The Sketchnote Workbook: Advanced techniques for taking visual notes you can use anywhere
Author(s): Mike Rohde
Publisher: Peachpit Press, Year: 2014, Size: 31 Mb, Download: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not errorless. Some books are absolutely record-breakers according to The New York Times, others are composed by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant links you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.