While there are many courses and tutorials online, learning from a book is still one of the best ways to greatly improve your skills. Below I have selected top Menopause books.
- 1. The Wisdom of Menopause (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change (2012)
- 2. Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals the Secrets to Thriving Through Midlife (2017)
- 3. The Menopause Book: The Complete Guide: Hormones, Hot Flashes, Health, Moods, Sleep, Sex (2018)
- 4. Where Is My Wife and What Have You Done with Her?: A Spouse’s Guide to Her Menopause (2019)
- 5. What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause (TM): The Breakthrough Book on Natural Hormone Balance (2004)
- 6. The Magic of Menopause: A Holistic Guide to Get Your Happy Back! (2016)
- 7. The Menopause Myth: What Your Mother, Doctor, And Friends Haven’t Shared About Life After 35 (2019)
- 8. Sex, Lies, and Menopause: The Shocking Truth About Synthetic Hormones and the Benefits of Natural Alternatives (2004)
- 9. The Female Menopause Solution: Taking Control of Your Weight and Hormones in the Next Phase of Life (2019)
- 10. Menopause For Dummies (2006)
- 11. Menopause: Your Management Your Way … Now and for the Rest of Your Life (2019)
- 12. What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About(TM): Menopause: The Breakthrough Book on Natural Progesterone (1996)
- Related YouTube Video
1. The Wisdom of Menopause (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change (2012)
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife—and will continue to do so for generations to come. As Dr. Northrup has championed, the “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now—from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet—have the power to secure vibrant health and…
An authoritative guide to understanding and navigating the hormonal changes and health issues women experience in midlife and beyond, from one of the leading medical experts in the field.The physical changes that occur after women turn forty are unavoidable—and can be unnerving. Menopause affects every aspect of life—from sex and sleep to mood and mental clarity to weight and body temperature. While there are a number of resources available, many are confusing and contradictory. Now, Manhattan gynecologist Dr. Tara Allmen, an experienced, nationally board-certified menopause practitioner and the…
Deeply optimistic, reassuring, and essential, the book the North American Menopause Society called “required reading” is now revised and updated, with over 20 percent new material that incorporates the latest medical findings, cutting-edge research, and best-practices advice. Expertly separating fact from fiction in the latest “breakthrough” medical studies, it shows you what to pay attention to, and what you can ignore. Learn about the role of hormones and the latest advances in hormone therapy. The truth about hot flashes and how to deal with getting one at…
4. Where Is My Wife and What Have You Done with Her?: A Spouse’s Guide to Her Menopause (2019)
And if women think they don’t have the resources to understand and cope with the changes of perimenopause and menopause, men are really left out in the cold! Whether the relationship is a year or two old or a marriage of a quarter century or more, men find themselves looking at the woman they fell in love with and wondering who this strange, different creature is.Jeanne and Jesse Andrus tackle the question most on the minds of the spouses of midlife men – Written for men by a menopause expert, Jeanne Andrus answers her own spouse’s questions, and responds to his frequently irreverent quips…
5. What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause (TM): The Breakthrough Book on Natural Hormone Balance (2004)
This revolutionary book about hormone replacement therapy–a classic bestseller since it was first published in 1996–is now fully revised and updated, providing potentially lifesaving facts and natural alternatives to balancing hormones….
Upon discovering she was about to be a grandmother, just as menopause and a hysterectomy were at her doorstep, Lorraine Miano decided she needed to turn her healthy lifestyle habits up a notch. She was not going to be a has-been–she was determined to be a will-be!In her book, The Magic of Menopause, Lorraine walks you through what it takes to make lifestyle changes that will set you up to live the rest of your life healthy and happy–at any age! It goes far beyond weight loss and encompasses all of the magical side effects of a healthy life, like fewer wrinkles, glowing skin, fewer aches and pains, and…
7. The Menopause Myth: What Your Mother, Doctor, And Friends Haven’t Shared About Life After 35 (2019)
About the Author ARIANNA SHOLES-DOUGLAS, MD, FACOG, has dedicated much of her career to helping women through all stages of life. After practicing high-risk pregnancy for over twenty years, she changed her focus from women of childbearing ages to women entering the second half of life. After graduating from the University of Arizona Integrative Medicine program, she founded Tula Wellness and Aesthetic Center, a unique medical practice incorporating an integrative approach to all care. Dr. Arianna lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and two children….
8. Sex, Lies, and Menopause: The Shocking Truth About Synthetic Hormones and the Benefits of Natural Alternatives (2004)
Turning thirty years of medical and cultural wisdom on its head, Sex, Lies, and Menopause challenges both the medical establishment and modern feminists to prove that menopause does not have to be deadly.In this revolutionary work — a landmark that signals the true beginning of feminist medicine — a doctor, a philosopher, and a scientist prove that by postponing marriage and motherhood, women have accelerated the aging process, resulting in earlier menopause and, ultimately for thousands, earlier death.In Sex, Lies, and Menopause, T. S. Wiley, Julie Taguchi, M.D., and Bent Formby,…
9. The Female Menopause Solution: Taking Control of Your Weight and Hormones in the Next Phase of Life (2019)
A weight loss solution designed specifically for women in perimenopause and menopause. Taking an in depth look at the specific nutrition and exercise needs for women in perimenopause and menopause to improve energy, sleep, and achieve lasting weight loss. By addressing nutrient needs and hormones, women finally have a weight loss plan developed specifically for them in this phase of life….
10. Menopause For Dummies (2006)
Although menopause is a natural and inevitable stage in every woman’s life, its physical, mental, and emotional manifestations can vary greatly from one person to the next. Add to this all of the conflicting “expert” information about the benefits, risks, and side effects to which women are exposed on a daily basis, and it’s easy to see why most find it difficult to make informed choices about how to deal with their menopausal symptoms. Authored by a team of acknowledged experts in treating menopausal symptoms, Menopause For Dummies arms you with all the information you…
EXPANDED AND UPDATED SECOND EDITION. Yours is not your mother’s menopause! She did whatever her doctor told her to do … or nothing at all. You’re a new breed of woman and you’re not willing to settle for that. This is the book for you. You want all the information and all the options, along with guidance in tailoring them to your personal needs and preferences. And you shall have it. Whether you prefer conventional or alternative and complementary medicine, this book empowers you to manage your menopause your way—before, during, and beyond the change. Face it: Once you…
12. What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About(TM): Menopause: The Breakthrough Book on Natural Progesterone (1996)
Arguing that giving estrogen replacement therapy to women after menopause is medically the wrong thing to do, Lee suggests that natural progesterone can prevent most of the unpleasant side effects of menopause, including osteoporosis and weight gain….
Best Menopause Books You Must Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some menopause books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
The New Hot: Cruising Through Menopause with Attitude and Style
Author(s): Meg Mathews
ID: 2876510, Publisher: Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale, Year: 2021, Size: 9 Mb, Format: epub
Singing Through Change: Women's Voices in Midlife, Menopause, and Beyond
Author(s): Nancy Bos; Joanne Bozeman; Cate Frazier-Neely
ID: 2558796, Publisher: StudioBos Media, Year: 2020, Size: 392 Kb, Format: epub
Manage Your Menopause Naturally
Author(s): Maryon Stewart
ID: 2819036, Publisher: New World Library, Year: 2020, Size: 2 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not absolute. Some books are really best-sellers according to USA Today, others are drafted by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant resources you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.