Our list of some of the best Management Consulting books & series in recent years. Get inspired by one or more of the following books.
- 1. Case Interview Secrets: A Former McKinsey Interviewer Reveals How to Get Multiple Job Offers in Consulting (2012)
- 2. The Management Consulting Toolkit: Fifty of the most versatile and value-adding tools used by the world’s leading business analysts, transformation experts and management consultants. (2019)
- 3. Management Consulting 5th edn: Delivering an Effective Project (5th Edition) (2016)
- 4. The Case Interview Workbook: 60 Case Questions for Management Consulting with Solutions (2018)
- 5. The Case Interview: 20 Days to Ace the Case: Your Day-by-Day Prep Course to Land a Job in Management Consulting (2016)
- 6. Hacking the Case Interview: Your Shortcut Guide to Mastering Consulting Interviews (2017)
- 7. Getting Started in Consulting (2009)
- 8. Practicing the Art of Leadership: A Problem-Based Approach to Implementing the ISLLC Standards (4th Edition) (Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership) (2012)
- 9. From Training to Performance Consulting (1997)
- 10. Million Dollar Consulting Proposals: How to Write a Proposal That’s Accepted Every Time (2011)
- Related YouTube Video
1. Case Interview Secrets: A Former McKinsey Interviewer Reveals How to Get Multiple Job Offers in Consulting (2012)
In Case Interview Secrets, you’ll discover step-by-step instructions on how to dominate what many consider to be the most complex, most difficult, and most intimidating corporate job interview in the world—the infamous case interview. Victor Cheng, a former McKinsey management consultant, reveals his proven, insider’s method for acing the case interview. Having personally secured job offers from , he has also been a McKinsey case interviewer—providing you with a hands-on, real-world perspective on what it really takes to land job offers. Cheng’s…
2. The Management Consulting Toolkit: Fifty of the most versatile and value-adding tools used by the world’s leading business analysts, transformation experts and management consultants. (2019)
The Management Consulting Toolkit contains 50 of the most useful, versatile and value-adding tools used by management consultants the world-over. The tools focus on business analysis and transformation and cover key consulting disciplines such as:1) Business performance analysis; 2) Future state design; 3) Transformation planning; 4) Transformation execution; 5) Project management; 6) Change management; 7) Team management.These tools have all stood the test of time, and the team at Expert Toolkit believes they will continue to be relevant, powerful and…
3. Management Consulting 5th edn: Delivering an Effective Project (5th Edition) (2016)
Management consulting remains a popular career choice but undertaking a consulting project for the first time can seem daunting for the student or new professional. This book, now in its fifth edition, aims specifically to guide students through the consultancy process, while also giving tips and techniques to the more seasoned practitioner. This is delivered from the accumulated knowledge and insight of the authors and contributors, who all have been consultants. This fifth edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect today’s dynamic business environment. The…
The Case Interview Workbook contains 60 case questions for management consulting interviews, with complete solutions. Every case is compiled and edited by a team of ex-consultants from McKinsey & Company, the Boston Consulting Group, and Bain & Company. This book fills the gap left by others by providing you with plenty of high-quality cases to practice on before your interview. Many cases are from actual interviews at the top-tier firms and cannot be found elsewhere. After working through this book, you will be prepared for every type of case question you may encounter: market sizing, estimation, operations, industry…
5. The Case Interview: 20 Days to Ace the Case: Your Day-by-Day Prep Course to Land a Job in Management Consulting (2016)
Game-changing tips and tricks to nail the case interview and launch your consulting career.Management consultants Destin Whitehurst and Erin Robinson give you need-to-know techniques for polishing your poise and tightening your case interview skills. 20 Days to Ace the Case Interview preps you with the nuts and bolts of the case interview process with daily exercises, mock interviews, and industry know-how designed to help you ace your interview. Think of this book as your twenty-day intensive, management consulting boot camp, the perfect supplement to…
To land a management consulting job at any of the top firms, including , you must get through several rounds of case interviews.Whether your interview is in a few weeks or even tomorrow, this book is written to get you the . I cut out all of the filler material that some other consulting books have, and tell you everything that you need to know in a .With this shortcut guide, you will: Also visit for a to pass your upcoming interview in the shortest amount of time through and ….
7. Getting Started in Consulting (2009)
The Unbeatable, Updated, Comprehensive Guidebook For First-Time Consultants Getting Started In Consulting More people than ever are making the jump from corporate offices to home offices, taking control of their futures, being their own bosses, and starting their own consultancies. Consulting is a bigger business than ever and growing every day. For almost a decade, Alan Weiss’s Getting Started in Consulting has been an indispensable resource for anyone who wants to strike out on his own and start a new consulting business. It provides a rich source of expert advice and practical guidance, and it shows you…
8. Practicing the Art of Leadership: A Problem-Based Approach to Implementing the ISLLC Standards (4th Edition) (Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership) (2012)
Prospective educational leaders get practical help for developing a sound understanding of ISLLC Standards and how to put them into practice effectively. The problem-based approach uses realistic scenarios patterned on those that appear on national examinations to show how theory relates to practice. The author covers the full spectrum of educational leadership theories and how they apply to today’s actual classrooms and schools….
9. From Training to Performance Consulting (1997)
Reinventing your training department into a performance consulting department requires a roadmap. This Infoline is your quick and dirty guide. Not only does the issue give you the basics of performance consulting, but it provides detailed descriptions of the responsibilities, duties, and competencies expected of new performance consultants. Your roadmap for change also includes advice on how to make the transition successful by following a carefully crafted transition plan. #2,512,407 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) #2336 in Human Resources (Books) #7900 in Human Resources & Personnel…
Intended for consultants, speakers, and other professional services providers, Million Dollar Consulting® Proposals ends forever the time-consuming and often frustrating process of writing a consulting proposal. It begins with the basics—defining these proposals and why they are necessary—and coaches you through the entire proposal process. In this book, you’ll learn how to establish outcome-based business objectives and maximize your success and commensurate fees. From bestselling author Alan Weiss, Million Dollar Consulting Proposals delivers step-by-step guidance on the essential element in…
Best Management Consulting Books Worth Your Attention
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some management consulting books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Project Management Handbook: An Introduction to Scrum, Agile and DevOps for Absolute Beginners
Author(s): Academy, Tech; Gross, Erik; Stanley, Jack C.
ID: 2549703, Publisher: Prosper Consulting Inc, Year: 2020, Size: 7 Mb, Format: epub
Business and Management Consulting: Delivering an Effective Project
Author(s): Louise Wickham; Jeremy Wilcock
ID: 2930598, Publisher: Pearson, Year: 2020, Size: 15 Mb, Format: pdf
Advances in Consulting Research: Recent Findings and Practical Cases
Author(s): Volker Nissen
ID: 2311462, Publisher: Springer International Publishing, Year: 2019, Size: 9 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not absolute. Some books are absolutely record-breakers according to Chicago Tribune, others are written by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.