While there are many courses and tutorials online, learning from a book is still one of the best ways to greatly improve your skills. Below I have selected top Literary Fiction books.
- All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel (2017)
- The Overstory: A Novel (2019)
- A Gentleman in Moscow: A Novel (2019)
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things: A Novel (2017)
- There There (2019)
- The Storyteller’s Secret: A Novel (2018)
- Send Down the Rain: New from the author of The Mountains Between Us and the New York Times bestseller Where the River Ends (2019)
- A Man Called Ove: A Novel (2015)
- Pachinko (National Book Award Finalist) (2017)
- The Only Story: A novel (Vintage International) (2019)
- Little Fires Everywhere: A Novel (2019)
- This Is How It Always Is (2018)
From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the stunningly beautiful instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II. Marie-Laure lives in Paris near the Museum of Natural History, where her father works.
The Overstory: A Novel (2019)
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction Shortlisted for the Man Booker PrizeNew York Times Bestseller A New York Times Notable Book and a Washington Post, Time, Oprah Magazine, Newsweek, Chicago Tribune, and Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2018 “The best novel ever written about trees, and really just one of the best novels, period.” ―Ann PatchettThe Overstory, winner of the 2019