Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Learn French books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- 1. Living Language French, Complete Edition: Beginner through advanced course, including 3 coursebooks, 9 audio CDs, and free online learning (2010)
- 2. Easy French Step-by-Step (2008)
- 3. French All-in-One For Dummies, with CD (2012)
- 4. Fluent in French: The most complete study guide to learn French (2015)
- 5. French for Beginners: The COMPLETE Crash Course to Speaking French in 5 DAYS OR LESS! (2017)
- 6. A Step By Step French Study Guide For Beginners: Learn French With Short Stories, Phrases While You Sleep, Numbers & Alphabet In The Car, Morning … 50 Of The Most Used Verbs (French Edition) (2019)
- 7. French: Short Stories for Beginners + Audio Download: Improve your reading and listening skills in French (2017)
- 8. Learn French the Fast and Fun Way with MP3 CD: The Activity Kit That Makes Learning a Language Quick and Easy! (Barron’s Fast and Fun Foreign Languages) (2014)
- 9. French Grammar For Beginners: The most complete textbook and workbook for French Learners (French Grammar Textbook) (2019)
- 10. Merde, It’s Not Easy to Learn French: A Story in Easy French with Exercises and English Translation (My Adventure en français) (2019)
1. Living Language French, Complete Edition: Beginner through advanced course, including 3 coursebooks, 9 audio CDs, and free online learning (2010)
Complete French is a unique multimedia program that takes you beginner to advanced level in one convenient package. At the core of Complete French is the Living Language Method™, based on linguistic science, proven techniques, and over 65 years of experience. Our method teaches you the whole language, so you can express yourself, not just recite memorized words or scripts. Millions have learned with Living Language®. Now it’s your turn. • 46 lessons, additional review…
2. Easy French Step-by-Step (2008)
Easy French Step by Step proves that a solid grounding in grammar basics is the key to mastering a second language. You are quickly introduced to grammatical rules and concepts in order of importance, which you can build on as you progress through the book. You will also learn more than 300 verbs, chosen by their frequency of use. Numerous exercises and engaging readings help you quickly build your speaking and comprehension prowess….
3. French All-in-One For Dummies, with CD (2012)
French is a beautiful language but can be quite difficult to learn. Whether you need to learn the language for a French class, or for business or leisure travel, French for Dummies All-In-One makes it easier. With nearly 800 pages, French All-in-One For Dummies is for those readers looking for a comprehensive guide to help them immerse themselves in the French language. Both new students of French and experienced speakers can benefit from the wealth of information that has been included in French All-in-One For Dummies. CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials…
The Ultimate French Language Study Guide. Some results you can expect from this book: Whether you are a beginner struggling to find a suitable learning method to use, an intermediate-level student facing difficulties in your studies, an advanced learner beginning to notice the signs of a plateau in your motivation, or a long-time learner close to losing interest in learning French, this study guide has original, helpful techniques, hacks, and tips you can use to enrich your vocabulary and get you on track.Get your copy now!…
★ ★ ★ FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY ★ ★ ★Buy the Paperback and Get the eBook for FREE!French for Beginners – Speaking French in 5 Days or Less!If you’re thinking of travelling to France, want to gain a basic understanding of the language or simply have an interest in Europe’s finest culture, then you’re in the right place. This book will show you how to speak basic French, right here and right now!Learning a new language, as we all know, can be an extremely daunting task and seem impossible to accomplish. That’s exactly why we’ve written this book – because we want to help you learn…
6. A Step By Step French Study Guide For Beginners: Learn French With Short Stories, Phrases While You Sleep, Numbers & Alphabet In The Car, Morning … 50 Of The Most Used Verbs (French Edition) (2019)
Are you learning French but disappointed at how your progress is going? Are you struggling to find vocab when speaking the language? Are you sick of learning from boring old textbooks? Learning a language can be difficult and it’s often tricky to know which material you need. You’d rather be spending time actually discovering the language rather than wasting it on finding what to be reading. This step by step guide is a has it all!! So if you’re anywhere in between this book contains over 250 pages that you need to progress your French to that confident…
7. French: Short Stories for Beginners + Audio Download: Improve your reading and listening skills in French (2017)
Inside French Short Stories for Beginners you’ll find: ✔ Simple (but not boring) stories written with the most useful French grammar structures and common French vocabulary.✔ Improve your listening comprehension with the two versions of the audio. One version is recorded at a normal speed and one at a slower pace.✔ Follow the narrator’s speech and mimic the correct pronunciation✔ One version has a glossary between each paragraph. But if you aren’t confident enough for that yet, start by reading the dual French and English translation and use it as a…
8. Learn French the Fast and Fun Way with MP3 CD: The Activity Kit That Makes Learning a Language Quick and Easy! (Barron’s Fast and Fun Foreign Languages) (2014)
This unique book makes learning French easy, practical, and fun! Suitable for teaching adults, as well as older children, Barron's Learn French the Fast and Fun Way covers the basics of reading, writing, understanding, and speaking French. The engaging, interactive lessons and exercises can be done in just a few minutes per day and are supplemented with: In just minutes a day, readers will pick up enough French for most everyday situations–from meeting and greeting people to asking directions and handling simple business transactions….
9. French Grammar For Beginners: The most complete textbook and workbook for French Learners (French Grammar Textbook) (2019)
Learn beginner French grammar painlessly with step-by-step lessons that focus on the essentials and help you build a learning habit. Inside “French Grammar For Beginners” you’ll find: If you’re tired of your usual boring French textbook, grab your copy of this book and start learning French grammar the un-boring way today! …
10. Merde, It’s Not Easy to Learn French: A Story in Easy French with Exercises and English Translation (My Adventure en français) (2019)
Reading a book in French can be difficult, even for advanced students. French novels are usually full of idiomatic expressions. They use complicated tenses, complex sentence structures, and often slang. This book is in simple French. It’s about the joys and the frustrations of an adult learning French. It includes a good dose of humor, a few exercises, and illustrations. The book has two sections, allowing more levels of French students to enjoy it….
Best Learn French Books that Should be on Your Bookshelf
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some learn french books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Easy French: 2 Books in 1 French Language + Short Stories for Beginners. A complete step-by-step guide to learn and speak French quick and easy starting from zero
Author(s): McKenzie, Anne; Pascal, Louis
ID: 2627643, Publisher: , Year: 2020, Size: 2 Mb, Format: epub
Conversational French Dialogues: 50 French Conversations and Short Stories
Author(s): Touri Language Learning
ID: 2375192, Publisher: Independently published, Year: 2019, Size: 268 Kb, Format: epub
Monsieur Mediocre: One American Learns the High Art of Being Everyday French
Author(s): Sothen, John von
ID: 2765744, Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group;Viking, Year: 2019, Size: 1 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not definite. Some books are really record-breakers according to The Wall Street Journal, others are composed by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.