Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Lawn Care books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- 1. Lawn Care For Dummies (1998)
- 2. The Lawn Bible: How to Keep It Green, Groomed, and Growing Every Season of the Year (2003)
- 3. The Organic Lawn Care Manual: A Natural, Low-Maintenance System for a Beautiful, Safe Lawn (2007)
- 4. Start Your Own Lawn Care or Landscaping Business: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Success (StartUp Series) (2016)
- 5. Definitive Guide to Organic Lawn Care (2018)
- 6. Zero Turn: How to Build a Successful Lawn Care Business (2019)
- 7. Scotts Lawns: Your Guide to a Beautiful Yard (2002)
- 8. Scotts Lawns: Your Guide to a Beautiful Yard (2007)
- 9. Lawn Care Business Bidding Tips, Upsells, And Disasters To Avoid. (2012)
- 10. Lawn Care Schedule: Lawn Care Maintenance Notebook Logbook Journal Diary, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Schedule Weeding Record Book, For Home, Office or … Many More, with 110 Pages. (Lawn Care Logs) (2019)
- 11. Small Engines and Outdoor Power Equipment: A Care & Repair Guide for: Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers & Small Gas-Powered Imple (2014)
- 12. The Lawn Care Entrepreneur – A Start-Up Manual: The Ultimate Lawn Care Business Guide for the Gardening Tycoon (2015)
- 13. The Professional Landscaper’s Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Start and Run Your Own Landscaping or Lawn Care Business (2013)
- 14. The Lawn: A History of an American Obsession (1994)
- Related YouTube Video
1. Lawn Care For Dummies (1998)
Only one thing is standing between you and a fabulous lawn: It’s called Lawn Care For Dummies. If you want a spiffy and well-coifed lawn (and not the overgrown, unruly one that people comment on when they pass by your house), you’ll find everything you need to know to help you make your lawn the most dazzling spectacle on the block. Let authors Lance Walheim and the gardening experts at the National Gardening Association treat you and your yard to a megadose of lawn care information. In Lawn Care For Dummies, Walheim and the NGA give you the dirt on all the essentials, including how to * Design a low-maintenance or a…
Now you can have green grass right in your own backyard, thanks to David Mellor, master groundskeeper of Boston’s Fenway Park. Everyone wants a green lawn, but how do you actually get one? Bags of fertilizer? Weed killer Sod? What about mowing? Everyone knows how to, but do you really know when to? Fenway Park’s master groundskeeper David Mellor does. He’s been caring for some of the nicest lawns around for years. In The Lawn Bible, Mellor offers you everything you need to know about lawn care for your part of the country, including planting, mowing,…
3. The Organic Lawn Care Manual: A Natural, Low-Maintenance System for a Beautiful, Safe Lawn (2007)
Create a gorgeous lawn that is free of harsh chemicals. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know to grow and maintain a thriving lawn using organic gardening methods. With expert advice on planting the best grass varieties, nourishing the soil, watering, fighting weeds, and sustainable maintenance, Paul Tukey helps you create a luscious and inviting lawn that is pesticide-free and safe for your children and pets. …
4. Start Your Own Lawn Care or Landscaping Business: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Success (StartUp Series) (2016)
If you enjoy the outdoors, love nature, or enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass, then a lawn care or landscaping business is your chance to rake in plenty of green. Your business can range from lawn maintenance to applying chemicals, trimming and shaping trees to designing landscapes for residential or commercial jobs.Everything you need to start a successful lawn care or landscaping business is in your hands. Start turning green grass into cold cash today!…
5. Definitive Guide to Organic Lawn Care (2018)
If you’re serious about learning professional organic lawn care solutions in order to grow a greener grass, this is the only book you will ever need. It doesn’t matter if you’re a homeowner or the owner of a lawn care service, this guide will teach you everything you need in order to maintain grass at the highest level. Everything from organic pest control to soil microbiology and fertilizers, no stone is left unturned to bring you a complete education on organic lawn care. The methods taught within this book have been custom developed only for turfgrass and designed to keep your lawn greener, healthier, and more sustainable…
Larry has been a landscaper for years, working at a small lawn care company. He becomes disgruntled with his boss and decides to start his own business when his wife gets pregnant. After an unexpected car accident, Larry faces the reality that he owns a job instead of a business. Join Larry as he experiences employee troubles, unhappy clients, and ultimately realizes the dream of owning a small business. Learn how to start a successful lawn care business, implement systems and procedures, advertise your services creatively, track business financial health, and build a world-class…
7. Scotts Lawns: Your Guide to a Beautiful Yard (2002)
Comprehensive guide on lawn-care activities published by the worlds leading lawn authority.Explains better ways to mow, weed, fertilize, troubleshoot, and treat for pests.Includes information on buying or renting lawn-care equipment and other products….
Get the showcase lawn you’ve always wanted with this comprehensive guide, packed with expert tips and information from turf professionals. Contributing writer David Mellnor even shares his expertise as a groundskeeper for the Boston Red Sox (was top-quality turf a factor in their recent World Championship?). Includes complete information on the newest information, techniques and products you can use to cultivate a superior lawn, plus special information on sportscaping….
Learning how to bid lawn care and landscaping jobs, when you are just getting your business started, is a huge task. Most of the times, those in the know aren’t going to share with you all the lessons they’ve learned and the tips they have picked up over the years. But I will. I operate one of the largest lawn care business forums on the internet, The Gopher Lawn Care Business Forum. On that site I have interviewed thousands upon thousands of lawn care business owners over the past decade. Throughout this process, I have learned a lot. All that I have learned, I want to share with you. The goal of this…
10. Lawn Care Schedule: Lawn Care Maintenance Notebook Logbook Journal Diary, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Schedule Weeding Record Book, For Home, Office or … Many More, with 110 Pages. (Lawn Care Logs) (2019)
Maintain a beautiful lawn, write in all necessary lawn improvements, weeding techniques and insect removal with our uniquely designed Lawn Care Maintenance Product Details: Available in other cover options. For more related logs like Gardening Log, Vehicle Maintenance Log, Tractor maintenance Log and much more, kindly visit our Amazon author page; Graceland Journals….
11. Small Engines and Outdoor Power Equipment: A Care & Repair Guide for: Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers & Small Gas-Powered Imple (2014)
This new book is more than a simple engine repair manual. Designed for the beginner with little or no mechanical experience, Small Engines & Outdoor Power Equipment is a graphically appealing, step-by-step guide that covers all of the most important engine maintenance and repair skills you'll need to keep your equipment running at peak performance. It also shows exactly how to perform mechanical upkeep and repairs on the most common outdoor power implements, including lawn mowers, snow blowers, chain saws, power washers, generators, leaf blowers, rototillers, wood splitters,…
12. The Lawn Care Entrepreneur – A Start-Up Manual: The Ultimate Lawn Care Business Guide for the Gardening Tycoon (2015)
A good lawn is very often the central feature of a modern garden, whether in town or the countryside. It therefore needs much more care and very often extra expert care than many of the other plants in the garden. The properly maintained lawn is no longer just an area of grass but the backdrop or canvas for the rest of the garden. If the lawn looks good, so will the rest of the garden. Although this manual has been written with the professional gardener or aspiring lawn care specialist in mind, many of the aspects of lawn care within the volume are no more than…
13. The Professional Landscaper’s Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Start and Run Your Own Landscaping or Lawn Care Business (2013)
Whether you’re an experienced landscaper or new to the trade, The Professional Landscaper’s Handbook gives you the tools you need to start your own landscaping or lawn care business and make it a success. This no-nonsense guide reveals the techniques professionals use to keep landscapes looking their best. And it clearly explains the nuts and bolts of running your own profitable business. Each topic has been extensively researched, so your work will be backed by university findings, not guesswork. Bypass the trial-and-error school of landscaping, and learn the right way to…
14. The Lawn: A History of an American Obsession (1994)
Lawns now blanket thirty million acres of the United States, but until the late nineteenth century few Americans had any desire for a front lawn, much less access to seeds for growing one. In her comprehensive history of this uniquely American obsession, Virginia Scott Jenkins traces the origin of the front lawn aesthetic, the development of the lawn-care industry, its environmental impact, and modern as well as historic alternatives to lawn mania….
Best Lawn Care Books You Must Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some lawn care books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Small engines and outdoor power equipment : a care & repair guide for: lawn mowers, snowblowers & small gas-powered implements
Author(s): Peter Hunn
ID: 2905686, Publisher: , Year: 2021, Size: 35 Mb, Format: pdf
Small Engines and Outdoor Power Equipment: A Care & Repair Guide for: Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers & Small Gas-Powered Implements
Author(s): Editors of Cool Springs Press
ID: 2815454, Publisher: Cool Springs Press, Year: 2020, Size: 27 Mb, Format: epub
MY BEST GRASS : basic and practical lawn care manual
Author(s): Mieres, Francisco Paco
ID: 2084974, Publisher: Palibrio, Year: 2015, Size: 803 Kb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not errorless. Some books are truly best-sellers according to USA Today, others are composed by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.