Looking for the best Kindergarten books? Browse our list to find excellent book recommendations on the subject.
- 1. School Zone – Big Kindergarten Workbook – Ages 5 to 6, Early Reading and Writing, Numbers 0-20, Matching, Story Order, and More (School Zone Big Workbook Series) (2018)
- 2. 100 Write-and-Learn Sight Word Practice Pages: Engaging Reproducible Activity Pages That Help Kids Recognize, Write, and Really LEARN the Top 100 High-Frequency Words That are Key to Reading Success (2002)
- 3. Kindergarten, Here I Come! (2012)
- 4. The Night Before Kindergarten (2001)
- 5. The Big Fun Kindergarten Workbook (Highlights™ Big Fun Activity Workbooks) (2017)
- 6. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level A: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers (2010)
- 7. Kindergarten writing paper with lines for ABC kids: Writing Paper for kids with Dotted Lined | 120 pages 8.5×11 Handwriting Paper (2019)
- 8. Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten (2001)
- 9. Learn to Read Activity Book: 101 Fun Lessons to Teach Your Child to Read (2018)
- 10. Brain Quest Workbook: Kindergarten (2008)
- 11. Clifford Goes to Kindergarten (2015)
- 12. Learn to Read: A Magical Sight Words and Phonics Activity Workbook for Beginning Readers Ages 5-7: Learn to Read and Write Made EASY | 100 + Practice … | Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st grade (2019)
- 13. Gifted and Talented Test Preparation: Gifted test prep book for the OLSAT, NNAT2, and COGAT; Workbook for children in preschool and kindergarten (Gifted Games) (2016)
- 14. 180 Days of Reading: Grade K – Daily Reading Workbook for Classroom and Home, Sight Word and Phonics Practice, Kindergarten School Level Activities Created by Teachers to Master Challenging Concepts (2013)
- 15. Addition Subtraction Practice Workbook .: Kindergarten books, Activity Workbook for Kids, Kindergarten Math Skills (2018)
- Related YouTube Video
1. School Zone – Big Kindergarten Workbook – Ages 5 to 6, Early Reading and Writing, Numbers 0-20, Matching, Story Order, and More (School Zone Big Workbook Series) (2018)
Find our complete line of educational resources at Amazon.com/SchoolZonePublishing. BOOK FEATURES AMAZING – BIG Kindergarten Workbook is packed with 300 plus colorful, kid friendly illustrations that reinforce the lessons and make learning fun. It covers the kindergarten curriculum including reading readiness, early math, counting, and problem solving in order of increasing difficulty, and includes an Answer Key. This isn’t just a kindergarten math workbook, but also an early reading workbook that teaches with sight words kindergarten kids can easily follow. Kids can also build skills in the alphabet,…
2. 100 Write-and-Learn Sight Word Practice Pages: Engaging Reproducible Activity Pages That Help Kids Recognize, Write, and Really LEARN the Top 100 High-Frequency Words That are Key to Reading Success (2002)
Watch confidence soar as children master 100 sight words—the words most commonly encountered in any text. Children read more fluently, write with greater ease, and spell more accurately when they know these high-frequency words! These fun, ready-to-go practice pages let kids trace, copy, manipulate, cut and paste, and write each sight word on their own. Features words from the Dolch Word List, a commonly recognized core of sight words. Also includes games and extension activities. For use with Grades K-2….
3. Kindergarten, Here I Come! (2012)
Get ready for school with these fun poems! This adorable picture book celebrates all the familiar milestones and moments shared by every single kindergartener. Whether it’s the first-day-of-school jitters or the hundredth-day-of-school party, every aspect of the kindergarten experience is introduced with a light and funny poem–not to mention charming illustrations….
4. The Night Before Kindergarten (2001)
It’s the first day of school! Join the kids as they prepare for kindergarten, packing school supplies, posing for pictures, and the hardest part of all–saying goodbye to Mom and Dad. But maybe it won’t be so hard once they discover just how much fun kindergarten really is! Colorful illustrations illuminate this uplifting takeoff on the classic Christmas poem….
Developed with education experts, and aligned with school standards, this workbook will engage kindergarteners and get them excited about learning! Blending over 250 pages of Hidden Pictures puzzles, humor, and skills practice, kindergarteners will practice a variety of skills in subjects like reading and math through exercises that will boost their confidence and supplement what they’re learning in school.Key subjects covered include: Language Arts: alphabet practice, sight words, handwriting, rhyming Math: numbers, counting, patterns, shapes, comparing numbers Colors, opposites, and sequencing…
6. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level A: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers (2010)
Jumpstart reading success with this big collection of motivating storybooks correlated with Guided Reading Level A. Most pages of these full-color storybooks feature just one line of simple, repetitive text to help children learn to read with ease and confidence. Includes a tip-filled parent guide. A great value!Includes these 25 titles:1. Hello, Beach2. What Can I See?3. Cold Rose4. Birthday Surprise 5. Fun with Mud6. I Like School!7. What is for Supper?8. Fun at the Playground9. Look What I Found!10. What Shines?11. Bubbles12. What Do I Need?13. Where is Petey?14. HIDE AND SEEK15….
7. Kindergarten writing paper with lines for ABC kids: Writing Paper for kids with Dotted Lined | 120 pages 8.5×11 Handwriting Paper (2019)
Handwriting practice paper dotted notebook for kids is the first step towards learning. Trace the letters and practice handwriting in this awesome and crazy lined paper book with dotted grid for practicing handwriting. Get your kids this notebook and let them write. Handy 8.5×11 size. Perfect for preschoolers and toddlers to learn how to shape characters and alphabets. This handwriting practice book for kids could be their favorite school supplies. Enjoy exciting letter tracing with this high quality white page blank lined dotted grid paperback quality with a glossy finish for your kids….
It’s the first day of kindergarten and Miss Bindergarten is hard at work getting the classroom ready for her twenty-six new students. Meanwhile, Adam Krupp wakes up, Brenda Heath brushes her teeth, and Christopher Beaker finds his sneaker. Miss Bindergarten puts the finishing touches on the room just in time, and the students arrive. Now the fun can begin! ”Multifaceted and appealing, this book can be enjoyed in many ways, at home and at school.” — For readers of Kindergarten, Here I Come and The Night Before Kindergarten….
Learning to read is much easier when it’s this much fun!When it comes to teaching kids how to read, the key is to make it entertaining. The Learn to Read Activity Book gets kids excited to learn by incorporating 101 fun and colorful exercises developed by an experienced primary school educator.Packed with cumulative lessons featuring coloring, tracing, mazes, word searches, and other exciting activities, the Learn to Read Activity Book is a complete plan. Whether your child is fidgety, fussy, or physically active, the Learn to Read Activity Book will keep and hold their attention―and hopefully…
10. Brain Quest Workbook: Kindergarten (2008)
Jam-packed with hundreds of curriculum-based activities, exercises and games in every subject, Brain Quest Workbook: Kindergarten reinforces what kids are learning in the classroom. The workbook’s lively layout and easy-to-follow explanations make learning fun, interactive, and concrete. Plus it’s written to help parents follow and explain key concepts. Includes ABCs, 123s, mazes, “paint by letters,” sorting games, phonics, shapes and colors, money, telling time, and much, much more….
11. Clifford Goes to Kindergarten (2015)
Join Clifford in this brand-new storybook as he spends the day with Emily Elizabeth in kindergarten!Emily Elizabeth is starting Kindergarten and she’s a little nervous. Good thing that the teacher sent a note home that says each child can bring something from home to make the transition a little easier. But the teacher didn’t bet on a child bringing something–or someone–as big as Clifford!…
12. Learn to Read: A Magical Sight Words and Phonics Activity Workbook for Beginning Readers Ages 5-7: Learn to Read and Write Made EASY | 100 + Practice … | Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st grade (2019)
Learn to Read: A Magical Site Words and Phonics Activity BookThis book is perfect for kids of all ages who want to learn to read and write in a fun and magical way! The book contains over 40 sight words that kids learn through the image of the word as opposed to sounding letters out. These words make up almost half of most children’s books which results in a much easier experience learning other words. It also includes word recognition drills along with fun puzzles and games using magical creatures like unicorns, mermaids and dinosaurs….
13. Gifted and Talented Test Preparation: Gifted test prep book for the OLSAT, NNAT2, and COGAT; Workbook for children in preschool and kindergarten (Gifted Games) (2016)
Help your child do his/her best on gifted and talented tests! Don’t risk your son or daughter being unprepared and underperforming on test day.Your child must be familiar with test material AND be able to focus for longer than the typical 4-5 minute attention span of most young kids. This book offers a chance to do both.This resource focuses on three aptitude tests commonly used for gifted program screening: the OLSAT (Level A), NNAT2 (Level A), and the COGAT (Level 5/6). Engaging young and…
14. 180 Days of Reading: Grade K – Daily Reading Workbook for Classroom and Home, Sight Word and Phonics Practice, Kindergarten School Level Activities Created by Teachers to Master Challenging Concepts (2013)
Practice, Assess, Diagnose: 180 Days of Reading provides kindergarten teachers and parents of kindergartners with 180 daily practice activities to build and gauge students’ reading comprehension and word study skills. Helps to build students’ skills for reading complex text. Students gain regular practice through these quick diagnostic-based activities. Data-driven assessment tips are also provided, and the Teacher Resource CD included has assessment analysis resources. 248 pages. Grade K….
15. Addition Subtraction Practice Workbook .: Kindergarten books, Activity Workbook for Kids, Kindergarten Math Skills (2018)
This book will-Help students prepare for an exam.-Support homeschool students.-Give students different activities. -Keep students busy during breaks.Tagsmath k, grade k workbook, kindergarten workbook, kindergarten math workbook, activity books for kids ages 4-8, activity books for kids ages 3-5, math homeschool…
Best Kindergarten Books: The Ultimate List
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some kindergarten books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
DK Workbooks: Language Arts, Math and Science, Kindergarten
ID: 2669283, Publisher: DK Children, Year: 2020, Size: 6 Mb, Format: pdf
Social Ecology of a Chinese Kindergarten: Where Culture Grows
Author(s): Shuangshuang Xu, Giuseppina Marsico
ID: 2817080, Publisher: Springer, Year: 2020, Size: 4 Mb, Format: pdf
Social Ecology of a Chinese Kindergarten : Where culture grows
Author(s): Shuangshuang Xu, Giuseppina Marsico
ID: 2888005, Publisher: Springer International Publishing;Springer, Year: 2020, Size: 4 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not definite. Some books are really best-sellers according to The Wall Street Journal, others are written by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant links you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.