Here is a list of the best Horse Training books, some I have read myself, some that I did research on, and all have great reviews!
- Trick Training for Horses: Fun Ways to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Horse (2011)
- The Modern Horseman’s Countdown to Broke: Real Do-It-Yourself Horse Training in 33 Comprehensive Steps (2009)
- Tales Of Horsemanship: An Inside Look At The Secrets Of Successful Horse Training Revealed Through Short Stories (2018)
- Horse Speak: An Equine-Human Translation Guide: Conversations with Horses in Their Language (2016)
- Humane, science-based horse training: Introduction to learning theory and exercises for everyday handling, care and fitness (2017)
- What I’d Teach Your Horse: Training & Re-Training the Basics (Horse Training How-To) (Volume (2014)
- Storey’s Guide to Training Horses, 3rd Edition: Ground Work, Driving, Riding (2019)
- From Leading to Liberty: 100 Training Games Your Horse Will Want to Play (2010)
- Horseplay and Harmony: Safe and Responsible Trick Horse Training (2017)
- Horseplay and Harmony: Liberty Work and Trick Training With Young Horses (2019)
- Clicker Training for Your Horse (2007)
- The Click That Teaches: A Step-By-Step Guide in Pictures (2003)
- Teaching Horses with Positive Reinforcement: A Guide to Achieving Success with Clicker Training (2018)
- The Handy Book of Horse Tricks: Easy Training Methods for Great Results (2018)
- 3-Minute Horsemanship: 60 Amazingly Achievable Lessons to Improve Your Horse When Time Is Short (2013)
TRICK TRAINING: Rediscover some of the magic of your childhood and how it can change the way you work with horses. Trick training is one of the best ways to make your horse your friends. It includes Bowing, Kneeling, Sitting, Lying Down, Carrying Objects, Crossing the Forelegs, Unrolling Carpet, Standing on a Pedestal, Walking on a Balance Beam, Jumping through Streamers and more.
The Modern Horseman’s Countdown to Broke: Real Do-It-Yourself Horse Training in 33 Comprehensive Steps (2009)
It’s time to get real—that is, real, do-it-yourself horse training. Professional trainer Sean Patrick has created the ultimate guide to the “complete” riding horse—whether a performance, working, or “just for fun” prospect.
Tales Of Horsemanship: An Inside Look At The Secrets Of Successful Horse Training Revealed Through Short Stories (2018)
Have you tried everything you know to do, but your horse is still inconsistent or having more bad days than good days? Is he still spooky, unpredictable, inattentive, and pushy? Are you a new horse owner who wants to ensure that you give your horse the opportunity to reach his full potential? Or maybe you’ve owned horses your whole life, but know there is still something missing or room for improvement. This book is for you.
Horse Speak is not a training method or technique—it is a practical system for “listening” and “talking” to horses in their language, instead of expecting them to comprehend ours. Horse Speak can be used by anyone who works with horses, whether riding instructor, colt starter, recreational rider, or avid competitor.
Humane, science-based horse training: Introduction to learning theory and exercises for everyday handling, care and fitness (2017)
Humane, science-based horse training is a type of training where the user combines an evidence-based understanding of equine behaviour with his genuine love and respect for horses in order to train and handle horses in an ethical yet effective way.This book will introduce you to the science behind animal training and explain how you can use