Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Hood books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- 1. Hood (King Raven Trilogy) (2007)
- 2. For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood… and the Rest of Y’all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban Education (Race, Education, and Democracy) (2017)
- 3. Understanding Child Development (What’s New in Early Childhood) (2010)
- 4. Follow Me Home: An unputdownable crime thriller that will have you hooked (Detectives Kane and Alton) (Volume 3) (2018)
- 5. Whisper in the Night: An absolutely heart-stopping serial killer thriller (Detectives Kane and Alton) (2019)
- 6. The Crying Season: An edge-of-your-seat crime thriller (Detectives Kane and Alton) (Volume 4) (2018)
- 7. Don’t Tell a Soul: A gripping crime thriller that will have you hooked (Detectives Kane and Alton) (2017)
- 8. Batman: Under the Red Hood (2011)
- 9. Where Angels Fear: An addictive crime thriller with a gripping twist (Detectives Kane and Alton) (2019)
- 10. Bring Me Flowers: A gripping serial killer thriller with a shocking twist (Detectives Kane and Alton) (Volume 2) (2018)
- 11. So Deep in My Feelings: A Hood Love Tale (2019)
- 12. The Adventures of Robin Hood (Puffin Classics) (2010)
- 13. Red Riding Hood (retold by James Marshall) (1993)
- 14. He Brings Out The Hood In me 2 (2019)
- Related YouTube Video
1. Hood (King Raven Trilogy) (2007)
Presents a reimagining of the tale of Robin Hood in which the son of a king, Bran ap Brychan, flees the kingdom of Elfael after his father is killed and leads a band of thieves as they try to battle the Normans and take back the kingdom….
2. For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood… and the Rest of Y’all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban Education (Race, Education, and Democracy) (2017)
Drawing on his own experience of feeling undervalued and invisible in classrooms as a young man of color and merging his experiences with more than a decade of teaching and researching in urban America, award-winning educator Christopher Emdin offers a new lens on an approach to teaching and learning in urban schools. For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood…and the Rest of Y’all Too is the much-needed antidote to traditional top-down pedagogy and promises to radically reframe the landscape of urban education for the better.He begins by taking to task the perception of…
UNDERSTANDING CHILD DEVELOPMENT, 8/E, introduces the unique qualities of the young child as distinguished from older children and demonstrates how to work with young children in ways that correspond with their individual developmental level and social and cultural environment. The text also offers an opportunity for in-service teachers to evaluate their views of young children and compare their views with those presented in the text. In each section, critical social and cultural factors are related to young children’s development; factors relevant to working with children with special needs are integrated throughout….
4. Follow Me Home: An unputdownable crime thriller that will have you hooked (Detectives Kane and Alton) (Volume 3) (2018)
The body of Amos Price lies in a pool of blood on the polished floor of an otherwise empty house. With no signs of a break in, and no clues left at the scene, is at a loss. But as the team begins to unpick the life of the reclusive victim, they discover a disturbing link between Amos and the disappearance of several young girls in the county going back years. Days later, another brutally murdered body is found, in a remote motel on the outskirts of town. Ely Dorsey was killed in a frenzied attack and Jenna fears not only that the murders are connected to the missing girls, but that the killer hasn’t finished yet. As Jenna tries to…
5. Whisper in the Night: An absolutely heart-stopping serial killer thriller (Detectives Kane and Alton) (2019)
Fifteen-year-old Lindy Rosen has been having nightmares for weeks, waking in a panic, screaming that there’s a man in her room watching her sleep. Her parents assumed it was her overactive imagination, but when one morning they find Lindy missing from her bedroom, they’re not so sure. is called in to investigate.Within hours of the schoolgirl going missing, the kidnapper reaches out to Jenna with a video of Lindy bound and tied to a chair, crying to be set free. And a simple message – you’ve got 24 hours to find her or I kill her.Jenna’s team work around the clock to try to find Lindy before the…
6. The Crying Season: An edge-of-your-seat crime thriller (Detectives Kane and Alton) (Volume 4) (2018)
It’s hiking season in Black Rock Falls and the small town in Montana is flooded with visitors. But when a hiker finds a human skull on a deserted trail in the woods that surround the town, Detective Jenna Alton is called in to investigate. With no missing persons reported, Jenna has no leads. Then her team makes a shocking discovery – the body of another hiker, a young man, tied to a tree and riddled with bullets. Could the two murders be linked? As more bodies are found, Jenna and her deputy David Kane know that they must venture deep into the forest to find and face the killer. But nothing can prepare them…
7. Don’t Tell a Soul: A gripping crime thriller that will have you hooked (Detectives Kane and Alton) (2017)
‘I want more from D.K. Hood. !’ Sean’s Book Reviews When a body is found stuffed into a barrel at a garbage dump, covered in long red cuts, and her new deputy, , rush to the scene. Nothing ever happens in the small American town of Black Rock Falls, so Jenna believes the victim must be one of two recent missing persons, and she fears for the life of the other. Both were strangers to the town, but there’s nothing else to link them. Jenna knows someone must have seen something, but no one’s talking; Then a disturbing clue makes Jenna suspect a connection with other…
8. Batman: Under the Red Hood (2011)
Batman is confronted with a hidden face from the past—it’s the return of the vigilante Red Hood who appears to be Batman’s one-time partner Jason Todd, the same Jason Todd that died many years ago. But the Red Hood’s violent ways pit him against the Dark Knight in his hunt for the very person responsible for his death: The Joker.This volume collects Batman #635-641, #645-50 and Batman Annual #25….
9. Where Angels Fear: An addictive crime thriller with a gripping twist (Detectives Kane and Alton) (2019)
When Ella Tate stumbles into Black Rock Falls, her exhausted and bloodied body is a terrifying sight, but not as frightening as the story she has to tell. Ambushed on their way into town when they stopped to help a man by the side of the road, Ella and her friend Sky ran when he pulled a knife on them. But only one of them got away.As Detective Jenna Alton investigates the case, she looks into the history of missing persons in the town, and uncovers more cases – all young people. All stopped on the same stretch of road into town. All vanished without a trace.When a distinctive pink sweater belonging to Sky turns up…
10. Bring Me Flowers: A gripping serial killer thriller with a shocking twist (Detectives Kane and Alton) (Volume 2) (2018)
Hidden deep in the forest, schoolgirl is found carefully laid out on a rock with nothing but a freshly picked bunch of flowers next to her lifeless form. is called in to investigate the gruesome discovery. With the body found just off a popular hiking route, Jenna believes the killer is a visitor to the town… until a second local girl is discovered. Within days, Kate Bright, a school friend of Felicity’s, is found brutally murdered at the local swimming pool and once again, the killer has displayed his victim in a terrifying manner and left flowers at the scene. The town is gripped with fear and Jenna and her…
11. So Deep in My Feelings: A Hood Love Tale (2019)
18- year old Cioni CiCi Lee was just your ordinary around the way girl. With a young mother for an example, Cioni was easily influenced by the neighborhood and things going on around her. Her and her best friends Ali, and Madden loved chilling on the stoop, attending house parties, and just doing the regular teenage things. Growing up in the hood with messed up parents was the one thing that brought them all together. Products of their environments, each girl is forced to figure their way through life, not every choice a good one. Even with their circumstances, Ali, Madden, and Cioni all have a bond was…
The classic story of social justice and outrageous cunning. Robin Hood, champion of the poor and oppressed, stands against the cruel power of Prince John and the brutal Sheriff of Nottingham. Taking refuge in the vast Sherwood Forest with his band of men, he remains determined to outwit his enemies….
13. Red Riding Hood (retold by James Marshall) (1993)
“A thoroughly modern, thoroughly charming retelling of the old favorite. Witty and direct . . . both Granny and child are swallowed, then rescued intact by the hunter who kills the wolf. . . . A perfect union of words, story, and illustration.”–Kirkus Reviews….
14. He Brings Out The Hood In me 2 (2019)
When Sutton walked into Kahleno’s life he knew that she was it for him and he vowed to never let anyone come in between that, not even her father. On a mission to show Sutton that her father is wrong, he runs across a few issues of his own and they come in the form of his son’s mother, Karson. Can he keep Karson’s irrational tactics under control, or will she force her way into their relationship and ruin it forever? Adoreé has never been a people’s person, outside of his family and the occasional stripper, he pretty much stays to himself. When…
Best Hood Books You Should Enjoy
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some hood books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Crossroads of Conjure: The Roots and Practices of Granny Magic, Hoodoo, Brujería, and Curanderismo
Author(s): Katrina Rasbold
ID: 2316810, Publisher: Llewellyn Publications, Year: 8 Jan 2019, Size: 9 Mb, Format: epub
Author(s): Sally Stockton
ID: 2626870, Publisher: , Year: 31.7.2020, Size: 127 Kb, Format: fb2
Computer Programming: The Most Complete Crash Course for Learning The Perfect Skills To Coding Your Project Even If You Are an Absolute Beginner. Learn and Master The Best Programming Languages!
Author(s): HOOD, CODING; Kölling, Michail
ID: 2903804, Publisher: Independent, Year: 2021, Size: 6 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not errorless. Some books are truly best-sellers according to Los Angeles Times, others are written by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.