Here is a list of the best Home Maintenance books, some I have read myself, some that I did research on, and all have great reviews!
- 1. How Your House Works: A Visual Guide to Understanding and Maintaining Your Home (RSMeans) (2018)
- 2. Home Maintenance For Dummies (2009)
- 3. Home Maintenance Log Book: Plans for Seasonal Maintenance Checklist, Project, Room, Lawn and Garden Care. Contractor Directory and Home Inventory for 2 years. (homeowners record keeping) (2018)
- 4. Outdoor Kitchens: Ideas for Planning, Designing, and Entertaining (Home Improvement) (English and English Edition) (2008)
- 5. New Home Journal: Record All the Repairs, Upgrades and Home Improvements During Your Years at… (2017)
- 6. Home Care Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application (Home Health Nursing Practice: Concepts & Appl ( Rice)) (2005)
- 7. The First-Time Homeowner’s Survival Guide: A Crash Course in Dealing with Repairs, Renovations, Property Tax Issues, and Other Potential Disasters (2007)
- 8. Care and Repair of Everyday Treasures (1997)
- 9. The Licensing Exam Review Guide in Nursing Home Administration (2008)
- 10. Home Upkeep Checklist (2017)
- 11. The Home Owner’s Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on System Maintenance (2006)
- 12. Applied Communications Skills for the Construction Trades (2002)
- 13. Your Health Today: Choices in a Changing Society (2012)
The revised and updated third edition of How Your House Works is a hands-on guide that gives you the low-down on why your faucet is leaking, your dishwasher is overflowing, or your furnace is on the fritz. This comprehensive book is your reference to virtually everything in your house with richly illustrated explanations of electrical systems, heating and air conditioning, plumbing, major household appliances, foundation, framing, doors, and windows. This must-have book answers most questions homeowners face when repairs are needed or when a new house or addition is in your future. How Your House…
2. Home Maintenance For Dummies (2009)
A hands-on, step-by-step guide to properly maintaining your home Your home requires regular maintenance to operate safely and efficiently. The expert advice in this second edition of Home Maintenance For Dummies can help you save literally thousands of dollars each year by showing you how to perform home maintenance yourself! This new edition provides the latest tips on how to tune up your home and make repairs to every room of the house, from basement to attic. By combining step-by-step instructions and expert information, this practical guide gives you…
3. Home Maintenance Log Book: Plans for Seasonal Maintenance Checklist, Project, Room, Lawn and Garden Care. Contractor Directory and Home Inventory for 2 years. (homeowners record keeping) (2018)
Home Maintenance Log Book for home, house, office. Keep your house with Make your life easier and less stressful with schedules, checklists and planners so you stay on track all year long. Get start today!…
4. Outdoor Kitchens: Ideas for Planning, Designing, and Entertaining (Home Improvement) (English and English Edition) (2008)
A guide to creating a fully equipped, permanent outdoor kitchen that’s usuable year-round….
5. New Home Journal: Record All the Repairs, Upgrades and Home Improvements During Your Years at… (2017)
Your home is the most exciting purchase you will ever make. It’s simultaneously the playground, castle and nest where your family will grow. It’s also a big responsibility with lots of little details to keep track of. Fortunately, this book makes it super simple to organize everything, including: for when appliances need repair for matching existing walls and trims to keep appliances running smoothly so replacements are a cinch so you can keep wood shiny and tile glossyPacked with informative tips, fill-in-the-blank prompts and grid pages for sketching room layouts, this…
6. Home Care Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application (Home Health Nursing Practice: Concepts & Appl ( Rice)) (2005)
Known for its comprehensive, readable, consistent format, as well as its coverage of pediatric and geriatric patients, this practical text and reference presents principles for managing complex patient care in the home environment. It addresses the medical conditions most commonly seen by the home care nurse in the context of the theoretical foundations of home health nursing. Patient education – a vital element of home care – is incorporated throughout. This edition features new chapters on oncology home care, social services for a home care patient, and…
7. The First-Time Homeowner’s Survival Guide: A Crash Course in Dealing with Repairs, Renovations, Property Tax Issues, and Other Potential Disasters (2007)
For many new homeowners, the euphoria that comes with buying the perfect new house can soon turn into total panic. First-time buyers often feel overwhelmed by the amount of maintenance their new home requires―not to mention the nasty problems and surprises that seem to be lurking around every corner (and in every wall). Finally, author and real estate guru Sid Davis provides the antidote for the common worries that plague every new owner. From easy repairs to seemingly insurmountable projects, readers will discover sanity-saving advice on: • improving roofing, siding, walkways, and…
8. Care and Repair of Everyday Treasures (1997)
If you’re someone faced with antique for the first time this is exactly what you need. The book addresses all the repairs for furniture and silverware, lists all the necessary material and tools as well as documents the procedures you have to follow….
Praise for a previous edition: “Serves as an excellent study guide for students or as a source of course examination questions for the instructor…The author has skillfully taken the format of the National Association of the Boards of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators and utilized them as a basis for this text.” –Journal of Health Administration Education This revised and updated study guide is based on the same format as the actual exam and provides an easy-to-use, effective way to review essential concepts and practice test-taking skills. Serving as the key…
10. Home Upkeep Checklist (2017)
Home Maintenance Log Get Your Copy Today!Large Size 8.5 inches by 11 inchesInclude Sections for: Buy One Today and keep track of your home maintenance…
11. The Home Owner’s Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on System Maintenance (2006)
At Last! A Beginner’s Guide to Home Technology Water stains on your ceiling. Dents and cracks in your drywall. Radiators that hiss and gurgle all night long. It’s enough to make you cry out, “Why doesn’t my house come with an owner’s manual?” And now—finally!—it does. Through step-by-step instructions and helpful schematic diagrams, The Home Owner’s Manual explores hundreds of frequently asked questions: What’s the best way to fix a leaky faucet? When should I have my chimney cleaned? How can I reset a…
This book is the first book to offer comprehensive instruction to construction trainees (and even experienced workers) in the four key areas of on-the-job communication: Listening , Reading Speaking , and Writing. Unlike other communication books, which are often written for the general public or for people who work in an office environment, this book has been prepared specifically to meet the needs of the construction industry….
It’s not just Personal! Your Health Today teaches Personal Health from a truly inclusive and socially responsible perspective. While each of us has a unique set of individual characteristics that shape our health, other environmental factors have an impact on our well being too. Your Health Today incorporates the individual, interpersonal, and broader social factors that affect our health, acting as a guide for healthy living in college and beyond. Students will complete a guided Personal Health portfolio online, applying concepts they learn from the text to their own lives in assessments that give automatic feedback. In doing so,…
Best Home Maintenance Books to Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some home maintenance books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
HOMEOWNER MAINTENANCE & IMPROVEMENT MANUAL: Ultimate Guide To Fix Common Household Issues With Simple Tools Like A Pro
Author(s): BRADLEY, JANE
ID: 2667219, Publisher: , Year: 2020, Size: 2 Mb, Format: pdf
Author(s): Angela D. Harris
ID: 2790243, Publisher: BNP Media, Year: 2020, Size: 2 Mb, Format: pdf
Home Maintenance For Dummies
Author(s): James Carey, Morris Carey
ID: 358021, Publisher: For Dummies, Year: 2009, Size: 7 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not definite. Some books are truly hot items according to The New York Times, others are written by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant resources you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.