While there are many courses and tutorials online, learning from a book is still one of the best ways to greatly improve your skills. Below I have selected top Health Policy books.
- Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach, Seventh Edition (2016)
- Health Policy: Application for Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals (2018)
- Introduction to US Health Policy: The Organization, Financing, and Delivery of Health Care in America (2016)
- Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care (Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health) (2015)
- Health Policy and Advanced Practice Nursing: Impact and Implications (1917)
- Health Policy Analysis: Framework and Tools for Success (2014)
- Essentials of Health Policy and Law (Includes the 2018 Annual Health Reform Update) (2017)
- Essentials of Health Policy and Law (Essential Public Health) (2019)
- Essentials of Health Policy and Law (Essential Public Health) (2016)
- Health Policy Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Approach (2018)
- Governing Health: The Politics of Health Policy (2019)
- Introduction to Health Policy, Second Edition (Gateway to Healthcare Management) (2018)
- Social Work and Integrated Health Care: From Policy to Practice and Back (2017)
- Evidence-Informed Health Policy (2019)
Understand how the healthcare system works – and how you can succeed in it The Seventh Edition of Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach remains the most trusted and comprehensive guide to healthcare available and provides everything you need to build a solid foundation on the field’s most critical issues. This concise and engaging textbook clearly explains the all major aspects of healthcare, including finance, organization, and reimbursement.
Health care providers frequently engage in setting policy agenda at the individual, systems, institutional, or public level. Health Policy: Application for Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals, Second Edition provides an overview of the policy making process within a variety of settings including academia, clinical practice, communities, and various health care systems.
Introduction to US Health Policy: The Organization, Financing, and Delivery of Health Care in America (2016)
Winner of the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title of the Choice ACRLHealth care reform has been a dominant theme in public discourse for decades now. The passage of the Affordable Care Act was a major milestone, but rather than quell the rhetoric, it has sparked even more heated debate. In the latest edition of Introduction to US Health Policy, Donald A.
Featuring analysis of cutting-edge healthcare issues and first-person stories, is the leader in helping students develop skills in influencing policy in today’s changing health care environment. Approximately 150 expert contributors present a wide range of topics in this classic text, providing a more complete background than can be found in any other policy textbook on the market.
Health Policy and Advanced Practice Nursing: Impact and Implications (1917)
Praise for the First Edition:”There are many policy books, but none are written by APRNs or focus just on APRN practice…APRNs are at the core, or can be, if they use their practice knowledge and education to shape policy[The] editors eloquently make the case that policy formation is a critical nursing skill.” –Doody’s Medical ReviewsThe only book of its kind, this text offers a wealth of information about the role of all types of APRNs (NPs, CNSs, CNMs, and CRNAs) in influencing the