Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Guitar Lesson books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- 1. Guitar All-In-One For Dummies, Book + Online Video & Audio Instruction (2014)
- 2. Guitar Scales Handbook: A Step-By-Step, 100-Lesson Guide to Scales, Music Theory, and Fretboard Theory (Book & Videos) (Steeplechase Guitar Instruction) (2012)
- 3. Hal Leonard Guitar Method Complete Edition (1994)
- 4. Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique Bk/online audio (2007)
- 5. Teach Yourself to Play Guitar: A Quick and Easy Introduction for Beginners (2004)
- 6. Guitar Book for Adult Beginners: Teach Yourself How to Play Famous Guitar Songs, Guitar Chords, Music Theory & Technique (Book & Streaming Video Lessons) (2017)
- 7. Guitar: The First 100 Chords for Guitar: How to Learn and Play Guitar Chords: The Complete Beginner Guitar Method (2016)
- 8. Acoustic Guitar Primer Book for Beginners: With Online Video and Audio Access (Acoustic Guitar Lessons) (2019)
- 9. Beginner’s Guitar Lessons: The Essential Guide: The Quickest Way to Learn to Play (Fundamental Changes) (2013)
- 10. Guitar Lessons For Beginners: A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Learn The Basics of Guitar Chords and Notes (2019)
1. Guitar All-In-One For Dummies, Book + Online Video & Audio Instruction (2014)
There’s no denying that guitar players have cachet. The guitar is an ever-present part of our collective musical heritage, and the sound can be sensual, aggressive, or a million things in between. Whether you’re hoping to conquer Free Bird, Bourée, or Bolero Mallorquin, you need to learn to walk before you can run. Even once you can run, you need something to help you clear hurdles along the way. That’s where Guitar All-In-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition, comes in. It’s your complete compendium of guitar instruction, written in clear, concise For Dummies style. It…
2. Guitar Scales Handbook: A Step-By-Step, 100-Lesson Guide to Scales, Music Theory, and Fretboard Theory (Book & Videos) (Steeplechase Guitar Instruction) (2012)
Guitar instructor and music theory professor Damon Ferrante guides you through step-by-step lessons and streaming videos that will give your playing the speed and fluidity you have always dreamed about. This new edition has over 200 lessons, guitar licks, exercises, streaming videos, and scales-over chords concepts.Used by thousands of professional guitarists, students, and teachers, this book and streaming video course will take your guitar playing to a whole new level! Check out the exciting materials covered in the book and streaming videos:*…
The Hal Leonard Guitar Method is designed for anyone just learning to play acoustic or electric guitar. It is based on years of teaching guitar students of all ages, and reflects some of the best teaching ideas from around the world. This super-convenient Complete Edition features the new and improved method books 1, 2 and 3 spiral-bound together, available as a book with three CDs (00697342)!…
4. Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique Bk/online audio (2007)
From the former editor of Guitar One magazine, here is a daily dose of vitamins to keep your chops fine tuned for a full 52 weeks. The guitar exercises cover several musical styles including rock, blues, jazz, metal, country, and funk. Techniques taught include alternate picking, arpeggios, sweep picking, string skipping, legato, string bending, and rhythm guitar. These exercises will increase your speed and improve your dexterity and pick- and fret-hand accuracy the more you practice them….
(Guitar Educational). Teach Yourself to Play Guitar has been created specifically for the student with no music-reading background. With lesson examples presented in today’s most popular tab format, which also incorporates simple beat notation for accurate rhythm execution, Teach Yourself to Play Guitar offers the beginning guitarist not only a comprehensive introduction to essential guitar-playing fundamentals, but a quick, effective, uncomplicated and practical alternative to the multitude of traditional self-instructional method books. It also: covers power chords, barre chords, open…
6. Guitar Book for Adult Beginners: Teach Yourself How to Play Famous Guitar Songs, Guitar Chords, Music Theory & Technique (Book & Streaming Video Lessons) (2017)
Music Professor Damon Ferrante guides you through how to play the guitar with step-by-step lessons for adult beginners and streaming video lessons. This easy-to-follow method, used by thousands of guitar students and teachers, is designed to be interactive, engaging and fun. The lessons will greatly expand your repertoire of beloved guitar songs and improve your guitar technique, creativity, and understanding of music. Whether you are teaching yourself guitar or learning with a music instructor, this book and streaming video course will take your…
7. Guitar: The First 100 Chords for Guitar: How to Learn and Play Guitar Chords: The Complete Beginner Guitar Method (2016)
Master Essential Guitar Chords and Establish Good Habits for a Lifetime The First 100 Chords for Guitarists The First 100 Chords for Guitar will teach you to correctly fret, strum and combine the essential chords in music to become a better musician, quickly and easily. Here’s What You Get: Learn to link chords together in a truly unique, musical way. Linking chords means practice is always fun as you explore creative ideas. A complete guide to essential strumming patterns on guitar. Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?Most guitar beginners know a few chords but few…
8. Acoustic Guitar Primer Book for Beginners: With Online Video and Audio Access (Acoustic Guitar Lessons) (2019)
The Acoustic Guitar Primer Book for Beginners with Online Video & Audio Access features step by step instruction taking the beginner through the basics of learning how to play the guitar, including rhythm and lead playing. The student starts off by learning beginning concepts like parts of the guitar, proper playing position, strumming, chords, and how to read guitar tabs. Later, you will learn how to play easy songs and then more advanced techniques. The course includes a complete chord chart, an hour of video instruction, and all music is written in both standard music notation and tablature with lyrics…
9. Beginner’s Guitar Lessons: The Essential Guide: The Quickest Way to Learn to Play (Fundamental Changes) (2013)
Quickly Master the Guitar and Build Good Habits for Life-Long LearningBeginner’s Guitar Lessons: The Essential Guide, teaches you to play the right way from the first time you pick up the instrument. Learn to hold and strum the guitar, play in time, change chords, finger pick plus much more.There are many common mistakes that beginner guitarists make that limit musical develop over a lifetime. Beginner’s Guitar: The Complete Guide forms a foundation of effortless good technique and skills that will last a lifetime. Often, self-taught learners will ‘hit a wall’ later on due to bad techniques picked up…
10. Guitar Lessons For Beginners: A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Learn The Basics of Guitar Chords and Notes (2019)
I wrote this book after a long experience of teaching students on how to play the guitar. The primary reason why I decided to share this knowledge into writing is to help total beginners to understand the instrument differently. My goal is to teach and make the student feel inspired to play music. The guitar is the best thing that occurred in my life. It will be the best thing that will happen in your life too and you will live to thank the inventors of this stringed musical instrument.The knowledge and motivation I acquired while studying this instrument was indeed remarkable and resourceful that my knowledge and experience that I applied in…
Best Guitar Lesson Books That Will Hook You
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some guitar lesson books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Guitar Lessons & Music Theory : Teach Yourself How to Play Guitar and Read Sheet Music, Theory & Technique.
Author(s): Woody Morgan
ID: 2754586, Publisher: , Year: 2020, Size: 2 Mb, Format: epub
Free Guitar Lesson Pack: Starter Bundle
Author(s): Luke Zecchin
ID: 2828259, Publisher: GuitarIQ.com, Year: 2018, Size: 2 Mb, Format: epub
How to Fingerpick Guitar Like the Best: Awesome Fingerpicking Lessons
Author(s): Tutaj, Ray
ID: 2076007, Publisher: Ray Tutaj Jr, Year: 2016, Size: 2 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not errorless. Some books are truly best-sellers according to The Wall Street Journal, others are drafted by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant resources you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.