While there are many courses and tutorials online, learning from a book is still one of the best ways to greatly improve your skills. Below I have selected top Guided Reading books.
- 1. Guided Reading, Second Edition: Responsive Teaching Across the Grades (2016)
- 2. The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading book + The Guided Reading Teacher’s Companion (2016)
- 3. Leveled Reading-Response Activities for Guided Reading: 80+ Comprehension-Boosting Reproducibles That Provide Just-Right Activities for Readers at Every Level From A to N (2013)
- 4. The Reading Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Readers (2015)
- 5. The Guided Reading Teacher’s Companion: Prompts, Discussion Starters & Teaching Points (2016)
- 6. The Next Step Forward in Word Study and Phonics (2019)
- 7. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level A: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers (2010)
- 8. 60 Scholastic Easy Leveled Readers Phonics Early Guided Reading Lot (15 Books Per Levels A, B, C, and D) (Little Leveled Readers) (2011)
- 9. The Next Step Forward in Reading Intervention: The RISE Framework (2018)
- 10. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Levels E & F: 16 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Growing Readers (2018)
- 11. The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading: An Assess-Decide-Guide Framework for Supporting Every Reader by Jan Richardson (2016-07-22) ()
- Related YouTube Video
Much has been written on the topic of guided reading over the last twenty years, but no other leaders in literacy education have championed the topic with such depth and breadth as Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell. In the highly anticipated second edition of Guided Reading, Fountas and Pinnell remind you of guided reading’s critical value within a comprehensive literacy system, and the reflective, responsive teaching required to realize its full potential. Now with Guided Reading, Second Edition, (re)discover the essential elements of guided reading through: Through guided reading,…
2. The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading book + The Guided Reading Teacher’s Companion (2016)
In this resource-rich book and teacher’s prompting guide, you’ll find:- All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson’s proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework. – Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers. – 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategies―monitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others. -…
3. Leveled Reading-Response Activities for Guided Reading: 80+ Comprehension-Boosting Reproducibles That Provide Just-Right Activities for Readers at Every Level From A to N (2013)
This big collection of tiered reading-response sheets enables you to match the right activity with all your students—whether they’re reading at level A, N, or anywhere in between! That means your students will be able to do skill-building, level-perfect seatwork while you work with small groups. That also means your students will build valuable comprehension and writing skills—independently. A must-have for all K-3 teachers with guided reading programs! For use with Grades K-3….
With hit books that support strategic reading through conferring, small groups, and assessment, Jen Serravallo gets emails almost daily asking, “Isn’t there a book of the strategies themselves?” Now there is. “Strategies make the often invisible work of reading actionable and visible,” Jen writes. In The Reading Strategies Book, she collects 300 strategies to share with readers in support of thirteen goals-everything from fluency to literary analysis. Each strategy is cross-linked to skills, genres, and Fountas & Pinnell reading levels to give you…
In this convenient flip-chart guide, you can easily find prompts, discussion starters, and teaching points to use when you want students to process more effectively, think more deeply, and express their ideas more thoughtfully. The self-standing guide with sturdy pages makes it convenient to use while working with small groups. Instantly, you can use these tools as starting points for in-depth inquiry based on behaviors you’re noticing in students. There are also recommendations on how to revise them as necessary to meet every reader’s needs….
Guided reading experts, Jan Richardson and Michèle Dufresne, provide teachers with clear, concise, and practical instructions and resources for planning and teaching developmentally appropriate word study and phonics lessons. Learn how students solve words, how to assess what students know and need to learn next, and what sequence, materials and activities to use to help students become proficient word solvers and independent readers. …
7. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level A: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers (2010)
Jumpstart reading success with this big collection of motivating storybooks correlated with Guided Reading Level A. Most pages of these full-color storybooks feature just one line of simple, repetitive text to help children learn to read with ease and confidence. Includes a tip-filled parent guide. A great value!Includes these 25 titles:1. Hello, Beach2. What Can I See?3. Cold Rose4. Birthday Surprise 5. Fun with Mud6. I Like School!7. What is for Supper?8. Fun at the Playground9. Look What I Found!10. What Shines?11. Bubbles12. What Do I Need?13. Where is Petey?14. HIDE AND SEEK15. HATS, HATS, HATS16. SHAPES FOR…
8. 60 Scholastic Easy Leveled Readers Phonics Early Guided Reading Lot (15 Books Per Levels A, B, C, and D) (Little Leveled Readers) (2011)
A complete set to teach little ones to read. These leveled readers are not too easy or too hard, but just right! That is because they have been carefully evaluated by a reading specialist to correlate with Guided Reading Levels. The books are on topics children love, which makes them perfect for group learning. The readers have beatiful color covers and are black & white inside. The books increase in difficulty from set A to D….
Literacy intervention should be swift and powerful—and this approach by Jan Richardson and Ellen Lewis provides fast results! After only 6-8 weeks of intervention, students can gain the confidence, proficiency, and skills they need to excel as readers and exit intervention! Based on Jan's bestselling The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading, this companion volume is intended to be used together in order to best implement the RISE framework.. The Next Step Forward in Reading Intervention offers intensive, short-term, targeted instruction in reading, writing, word study, and…
10. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Levels E & F: 16 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Growing Readers (2018)
Motivate your growing reader with these super-engaging, 16-page storybooks correlated with guided reading levels E & F! Inside this little box, you’ll find 16 original titles plus a tip-filled parent guide. Each book features simple text, decodable words, strong picture cues, and one to five lines of text per page to promote reading confidence and success. For use with Grades K-2….
11. The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading: An Assess-Decide-Guide Framework for Supporting Every Reader by Jan Richardson (2016-07-22) ()
Paperback Publisher: Scholastic Teaching Resources (Teaching (1752) ASIN: B01N8XZEG7 Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars 156 customer reviews Would you like to tell us about a lower price? If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?…
Best Guided Reading Books You Must Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some guided reading books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Guided Tarot: A Beginner's Guide to Card Meanings, Spreads, and Intuitive Exercises for Seamless Readings
Author(s): Stefanie Caponi
ID: 2914584, Publisher: Zeitgeist, Year: 2020, Size: 14 Mb, Format: pdf
Guided Reading: What’s New, and What’s Next?
Author(s): Michael P. Ford
ID: 2219805, Publisher: Capstone Classroom, Year: 2015, Size: 21 Mb, Format: epub
Piano-Guided Sight Reading
Author(s): Leonhard Deutsch
ID: 527946, Publisher: , Year: 2008, Size: 5 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not definite. Some books are absolutely chart-busters according to Washington Post, others are composed by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.