Here is a list of the best Government books, some I have read myself, some that I did research on, and all have great reviews!
- The Everything American Government Book: From The Constitution To Present-Day Elections, All You Need To Understand Our Democratic System (2004)
- Nations and Government: Comparative Politics in Regional Perspective (2010)
- A Budgeting Guide for Local Government (Municipal Management Series) (2007)
- American Government: The Essentials: Institutions and Policies, 12th Edition (2011)
- California Politics and Government: A Practical Approach (2013)
- American Government and Politics: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About… (2018)
- Politics of Bad Ideas Great Tax Cut Delusion & the Decline of Good Government in America (Paperback, 2007) ()
- AMSCO Advanced Placement: United States Government and Politics, 2019 (2018)
- Painless American Government (Barron’s Painless) (2004)
- A Beka Book American Government Tests/Quizzes (for students) (1997)
- Texas Politics and Government (4th Edition) (2011)
- Government By the People, 2016 Presidential Edition (2018)
The Everything American Government Book: From The Constitution To Present-Day Elections, All You Need To Understand Our Democratic System (2004)
If the confusion following the last presidential election is any indication, the average citizen knows precious little about the democratic system and the laws that affect their daily lives. The Everything American Government Book unravels the complexities of our democracy and provides readers with the knowledge necessary to make the right decisions and take an active role in the management of their country.
With a unique regional organization and conceptual approach, NATIONS AND GOVERNMENTS: COMPARATIVE POLITICS IN REGIONAL PERSPECTIVE helps students understand national governments more fully by putting them into a larger regional context. This text documents the changes brought on by the post-Soviet era and the age of globalization, while charting the progress of emerging markets and democracies around the world.
This completely revised second edition provides a contemporary and strategic perspective on budgetingas it has evolved from an accounting function to a tool for introducing new management strategies and practices to local government.
Acclaimed for the scholarship of its prominent authors and the clarity of its narrative, AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: THE ESSENTIALS preserves the structure of the main text but replaces the policy chapters with one brief chapter on the policymaking process while maintaining focus on three fundamental topics: the institutions of American government; the historical development of governmental procedures, actors, and polici…
Taking a unique nuts-and-bolts approach, CALIFORNIA POLITICS AND GOVERNMENT gives insight into real-life politics as it vividly illustrates the complex principles at work in state government. Current examples and clear explanations give readers a solid understanding of the ins and outs of California government. Thoroughly updated, the new edition addresses many complex economic, social, education, and immigration issues and their impact on state politics.
From the founding of the American government to the present-day challenges, this clearly explained text is a perfect guide for anyone who wants to be knowledgeable about the democratic system and the laws that affect the lives of Americans. It elucidates the complexity of the U.S.
Politics of Bad Ideas Great Tax Cut Delusion & the Decline of Good Government in America (Paperback, 2007) ()
The Politics of Bad Ideas: The Great Tax Cut Delusion and the Decline of Good Government in America by Bryan D. Jones. Longman Pub Group,2007
Equip your students to excel in the new AP course and on the exam.
Geared toward middle school– and high school–level learners, Painless American Government takes a lighthearted, humorous approach to learning about government and politics, and is ideal for students who find it confusing or who just need a little extra help.Ideal for students learning the basics of government, the author starts with a general description of government and a comparison of democracy as practiced by the founding fathers and how it operates in today's America.
Contains 19 quizzes and 6 tests covering American Government. For use with the A Beka high school course in American Government.
Texas Politics and Government (4th Edition) (2011)
A spin-off of the popular Texas chapters in the O’Connor/Sabato/Keith/Haag, American Government: Continuity and Change, Texas Edition, the fourth edition of Texas Politics and Government examines the unique character of Texas politics and government and traces how it has changed or remained constant over its history. The authors argue that in order to understand