Here is a list of the best Girl Power books, some I have read myself, some that I did research on, and all have great reviews!
- 1. I Am Confident, Brave & Beautiful: A Coloring Book for Girls (2017)
- 2. Strong Is the New Pretty: A Celebration of Girls Being Themselves (2017)
- 3. Mother F*cking Girl Power: a collection of quotes & mic drops to empower your inner badass (2018)
- 4. Notebook Doodles Go Girl!: Coloring & Activity Book (Design Originals) 30 Inspiring Designs; Beginner-Friendly Empowering Art Activities for Tweens, on High-Quality Extra-Thick Perforated Paper (2015)
- 5. My Strong Mind: A Story About Developing Mental Strength (Positive Mindset series) (2017)
- 6. Power (The Girl in the Box) (2014)
- 7. Dreams of a rebel princess: Coloring book for girls ages 3-10 (2019)
- 8. Secret Keeper Girl: The Power of Modesty for Tweens (2017)
- 9. The Manga Artist’s Coloring Book: Girl Power!: Fun Female Characters to Color (Drawing With Christopher Hart) (2018)
- 10. Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women (2002)
- 11. Find Your Power: Discovering Inner Strength (Empower Kids Series) (2019)
- 12. This Little Trailblazer: A Girl Power Primer (2018)
- 13. I Can’t Do That, YET: Growth Mindset (2017)
- 14. You Are a Girl Who Can Do Anything: A Very Special Book to Cheer You on and Help You Achieve Greatness (2013)
- 15. Proud to be a Girl: A Coloring Book for Girls with Fun Inspirational Quotes to Motivate, Encourage and Build Confidence in Young Women (2018)
- Related YouTube Video
The 22+ coloring pages encourage girls to think beyond social conventions and inspire conversations with adults about what it really means to be confident, brave, and beautiful. Features & Highlights: explore concepts like bravery, beauty, strength, creativity, independence and more a great gift for any girl showing that coloring books can combat stereotypes and positively impact girls’ interest in things like science in girls age 3-8, while giving them an opportunity to express themselves creatively A Great Gift for Any GirlIf you’re looking for an activity for your toddler, preschooler, kindergartner or school-aged…
Girls being fearless. Girls being silly. Girls being wild, stubborn, and proud. Girls whose faces are smeared with dirt and lit up with joy. So simple and yet so powerful, Strong Is the New Pretty celebrates, through more than 175 memorable photographs, the strength and spirit of girls being 100% themselves. Real beauty isn’t about being a certain size, acting a certain way, wearing the right clothes, or having your hair done (or even brushed). Real beauty is about being your authentic self and owning it. Kate T. Parker is a professional photographer who…
3. Mother F*cking Girl Power: a collection of quotes & mic drops to empower your inner badass (2018)
A collection of quotes and words of ferocity, grit and priceless wisdom designed to inspire and empower the warrior women inside us all….
4. Notebook Doodles Go Girl!: Coloring & Activity Book (Design Originals) 30 Inspiring Designs; Beginner-Friendly Empowering Art Activities for Tweens, on High-Quality Extra-Thick Perforated Paper (2015)
Inside Notebook Doodles Go Girl! you’ll find: Notebook Doodles Go Girl! isn’t just another kid’s coloring book! Its empowering art statements are designed specifically for the design-savvy TWEEN who thinks kids books are too juvenile and mom’s adult coloring books are too, well… adult! Inside this book, youthful readers will discover 30 interactive art activities that are just waiting to be filled with color. They’ll also find a coloring art lesson, 20 inspiring color palettes, 8 pages of colored examples, and inspiring quotes to go with every design. Watercolors, colored…
5. My Strong Mind: A Story About Developing Mental Strength (Positive Mindset series) (2017)
Do you want to teach your children about , and a With your children will be introduced to mental strength and learn about techniques to develop their own strong mind. The story is about Kate, a sporty and happy girl who uses her strong mind to tackle her daily challenges with a positive attitude. Kate faces several situations your children will face too. She applies a positive attitude to deal with her challenges. Amongst them are getting ready in time in the morning, doing cartwheels, standing in front of the whole class with show and tell and playing basketball. Kate applies techniques like goal…
6. Power (The Girl in the Box) (2014)
Sienna Nealon seems like a woman beaten. Imprisoned by her enemies, facing the extinction of her entire race, she is up against overwhelming odds. But overwhelming odds have never stopped her before. In the final volume of the epic Girl in the Box Series, Sienna Nealon must face her fears, face her foes, and then go up against the single most powerful man in the world – Sovereign – in order to save her world from complete and total destruction….
The perfect coloring book for girls to boost their confidence, creativity, and courage!The uplifting artworks are designed specifically for empowering girls to dream beyond what is expected of them and to follow their dreams!What you will find inside this book: + 50 inspirational coloring illustrations, on single side pages, with a variety of cute and diverse girls (all girls rock!) engaged in activities beyond social conventions; playful black-and-white line drawings spurring a girl’s interest in science, sports, activism and so much more; educational…
It used to be that middle school was the time to talk to kids about topics like modesty and body image. Unfortunately, the at-risk demographic for distorted views on the body is now girls ages 8–10. Fortunately, Dannah Gresh has provided a resource for this need. Secret Keeper Girl is geared to helping tween girls understand their dignity in Christ. It features a creative self-help text format that includes sidebars, quizzes, games, exploded quotes, and graphics to help them absorb the message. “My past fifteen years of studying at-risk teen and tween behavior has over and over again led me to good news: girls who…
9. The Manga Artist’s Coloring Book: Girl Power!: Fun Female Characters to Color (Drawing With Christopher Hart) (2018)
Coloring and manga fans will welcome Hart’s second exciting collection of adorable, irresistible girls! Featuring intricate backgrounds throughout, these pictures make for a fun and challenging coloring experience, and give budding artists a fun opportunity to play creatively with color and character. All pages are printed single sided on quality stock so you can use most coloring materials to complete the drawings….
In kitchens and living rooms, in garages and labs and basements, even in converted chicken coops, women and girls have invented ingenious innovations that have made our lives simpler and better. Their creations are some of the most enduring (the windshield wiper) and best loved (the chocolate chip cookie). What inspired these women, and just how did they turn their ideas into realities? Features women inventors Ruth Wakefield, Mary Anderson, Stephanie Kwolek, Bette Nesmith Graham, Patsy O. Sherman, Ann Moore, Grace Murray Hopper, Margaret E….
Empower! …..Discover Inner Strength through practical mindful practices and exercises….Interactive activity/workbook for kids 8 and older, and great for teachers, parents and schools. …..Within the pages of this book are fun and simple practices for kids and adults. With the use of mindful exercises such as the Seashell Meditation, Expression Stones, Kindness Cards and even clearing space in your room all make it easy and useful for those daily routines that can be used through a lifetime….
12. This Little Trailblazer: A Girl Power Primer (2018)
This Little Trailblazer…
13. I Can’t Do That, YET: Growth Mindset (2017)
Enna is a girl who doesn’t believe in herself and often utters the phrase “I can’t do that!” One night in a dream she sees all the possible future versions of herself, discovering that she can be any of those versions with time, knowledge and dedication. She develops a growth mindset throughout her journey and instead of saying “I can’t do that,” she learns to say “I can’t do that YET!”.Everyone who enjoyed The Most Magnificent Thing, Giraffes Can’t Dance, and The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes will also enjoy I Can’t Do That, YET.Perfect for children ages: 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8- but there is…
14. You Are a Girl Who Can Do Anything: A Very Special Book to Cheer You on and Help You Achieve Greatness (2013)
This book is for every girl who needs to be reminded that she can do anything she sets her mind to. It encourages girls to be brave and daring, and to give each day all they’ve got. With the help of author Ashley Rice, tweens and teens will find the motivation they need to get out there, climb any mountain, and reach for the stars. The uplifting words and whimsical drawings in this book will make any girl feel like the heroine of the most important story she will ever encounter: the story of her life, in which she can be great, be herself, and be a girl who…
15. Proud to be a Girl: A Coloring Book for Girls with Fun Inspirational Quotes to Motivate, Encourage and Build Confidence in Young Women (2018)
2019 Gift IdeasWhimsical and joyful artwork is ready to be filled with your creative magic in this inspiring coloring book from bestselling publishing brand, Jade Summer.Our Proud to be a Girl coloring book celebrates all that makes women and girls special. Featuring enticing flowers, enchanting butterflies, and pretty shooting stars alongside motivating quotes, you’ll adore coloring each beautiful illustration. Each new page brings a positive message, such as “I am amazing” and “every day is a new…
Best Girl Power Books to Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some girl power books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Neon Girls: A Stripper's Education in Protest and Power
Author(s): Jennifer Worley
ID: 2535703, Publisher: HarperCollins, Year: 2020, Size: 7 Mb, Format: epub
No More Nice Girls: Gender, Power, and Why It’s Time to Stop Playing by the Rules
Author(s): Lauren McKeon
ID: 2539702, Publisher: House of Anansi Press Inc, Year: 2020, Size: 1 Mb, Format: epub
Gypsy and Traveller Girls: Silence, Agency and Power
Author(s): Geetha Marcus
ID: 2354305, Publisher: Springer International Publishing;Palgrave Macmillan, Year: 2019, Size: 5 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not final. Some books are truly hot items according to Chicago Tribune, others are drafted by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant links you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.