Our list of some of the best German Learning books & series in recent years. Get inspired by one or more of the following books.
- 1. The Everything Learning German Book: Speak, write, and understand basic German in no time (2009)
- 2. German All-in-One For Dummies, with CD (2013)
- 3. Easy Learning Complete German Grammar, Verbs and Vocabulary (3 Books in 1) (Collins Easy Learning German) (German and English Edition) (2010)
- 4. Speak German in 90 Days: A Self Study Guide to Becoming Fluent (2015)
- 5. Basic German (Grammar Workbooks) (2016)
- 6. German Short Stories For Beginners: 20 Captivating Short Stories To Learn German & Grow Your Vocabulary The Fun Way! (Easy German Stories) (2019)
- 7. Der Besuch der alten Dame (1959)
- 8. Stationen, 2nd Edition (World Languages) (2011)
- 9. German: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners Who Want to Learn the German Language, Including German Grammar, German Short Stories, and Over 1000 German Phrases (2019)
- 10. The Nazi Revolution: Hitler’s Dictatorship and the German Nation (Problems in European Civilization) (1997)
- 11. German Short Stories for Beginners: 30 Captivating Short Stories to Learn German & Grow Your Vocabulary the Fun Way! (Bilingual German) (2019)
- 12. Conversational German Dialogues: Over 100 German Conversations and Short Stories (Conversational German Dual Language Books) (2019)
- 13. Learn German for Beginners: An Easy and Fast Way To Learn the Basic of German Language,Build Your Vocabolary and Improve Your Reading and Conversation Skills (2019)
- 14. Complete German Grammar Verbs Vocabulary: 3 Books in 1 (Collins Easy Learning) (2016)
- 15. 2000 Most Common German Words in Context: Get Fluent & Increase Your German Vocabulary with 2000 German Phrases (German Language Lessons) (2018)
- Related YouTube Video
1. The Everything Learning German Book: Speak, write, and understand basic German in no time (2009)
Learning to sprechen Sie Deutsches is fun–and far easier than you might think. German and English are closely related–you already know viele Phrasen! With this guide, you will make sense of this fascinating language in no time. This practical, hands-on Buch comes with easy-to-understand lessons, useful exercises, and a CD for pronunciation help. Building on the German language’s close relation to English, this all-new edition covers everything from basic introductions to verb conversions. You will learn to: –Ich möchte ein Berliner, bitte….
2. German All-in-One For Dummies, with CD (2013)
German All-in-One For Dummies conveniently combines titles from the German Dummies library into one handy guide that covers all of the bases of the German language. For those looking to master fluency in this popular language, this book and CD combo are an efficient and logical choice. German All-in-One For Dummies brings together content from German For Dummies, 2nd Edition, German For Dummies Audio Set, German Phrases For Dummies, Intermediate German For Dummies, and German Essentials For Dummies. ??Plus, it includes a new CD that allows for even more opportunities to…
3. Easy Learning Complete German Grammar, Verbs and Vocabulary (3 Books in 1) (Collins Easy Learning German) (German and English Edition) (2010)
Cover worn, page edges tanned. Shipped from the U.K. All orders received before 3pm sent that weekday….
Want to speak German but don’t know where to start? This book is for you! Don’t waste money buying ten different books when you can learn everything you need in this one book. Don’t waste money taking classes at a school when you can teach yourself. Why buy a similarly priced book that only teaches basic entry level German grammar when you can master the language with this one book? With Speak German in 90 Days, all of the prep work is done for you. Each daily lesson will teach you not only what, but how to study. Speak German in 90 Days is a comprehensive self study guide, and teaches the…
5. Basic German (Grammar Workbooks) (2016)
Basic German: A Grammar and Workbook comprises an accessible reference grammar and related exercises in a single volume. The book introduces German people and culture through the medium of the language used today, covering the core material which students would expect to encounter in their first years of learning German. Each of the 29 units presents one or more related grammar topics, illustrated by examples which serve as models for the exercises that follow. These wide-ranging and varied exercises enable the student to master each grammar point thoroughly. Features include: • Clear grammatical…
6. German Short Stories For Beginners: 20 Captivating Short Stories To Learn German & Grow Your Vocabulary The Fun Way! (Easy German Stories) (2019)
Finding PROPER reading material that they can handle…which is precisely the reason we’ve written this book!Teachers love giving out tough, expert-level literature to their students, books that present many new problems to the reader and force them to search for words in a dictionary every five minutes — it’s not entertaining, useful or motivating for the student at all, and many soon give up on learning at all!In this book we have compiled 20 easy-to-read, compelling and fun stories that will allow you to expand your vocabulary and give you the tools to improve your grasp of the…
7. Der Besuch der alten Dame (1959)
The full German text of Dürrenmatt’s play is accompanied by German-English vocabulary. Notes and a detailed introduction in English put the work in its social and historical context….
8. Stationen, 2nd Edition (World Languages) (2011)
STATIONEN: EIN KURSBUCH FÜR DIE MITTELSTUFE, Second Edition is an innovative, intermediate German program that combines engaging cultural topics with authentic readings and contextualized grammar in a unifying context. Each chapter of STATIONEN revolves around a city or region in the German-speaking world. This overarching concept brings the program together and invites students and instructors to make connections and comparisons between chapters, topics, and cultural issues. STATIONEN also refers to the “stations” between the first beginnings of a journey into German life and language and to more advanced study and…
9. German: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners Who Want to Learn the German Language, Including German Grammar, German Short Stories, and Over 1000 German Phrases (2019)
Are you sick and tired of not being able to learn German fast?Have you tried endless other ways of learning German but nothing seems to stick?Do you finally want to say goodbye to your tendency to ‘forget most of what you’ve studied’ and discover something which works for you?If so, then you’ve come to the right place.You see, German is easier than it seems.Not only will this book give you the basic grammar rules, but also many fun exercises for you to practice. If you’ve never studied German before or if you’ve studied it but you need to go back to the basics to get better, this book will provide you with…
10. The Nazi Revolution: Hitler’s Dictatorship and the German Nation (Problems in European Civilization) (1997)
This successful anthology explores the Nazi movement in the context of German history and society….
11. German Short Stories for Beginners: 30 Captivating Short Stories to Learn German & Grow Your Vocabulary the Fun Way! (Bilingual German) (2019)
Improve your listening, reading and pronunciations skills in GermanBrush up on your German, improve your reading and listening skills, and make learning new vocabulary so much easier with German stories.How will this book improve your German language skills: Familiarize yourself with a wide range of grammar structures and put them to use today.With this book you’ll get: If you want to improve your reading fluency as quickly and naturally as possible, then this book is ideal. …
12. Conversational German Dialogues: Over 100 German Conversations and Short Stories (Conversational German Dual Language Books) (2019)
If there’s even been something tougher than learning the grammar rules of a new language, it’s finding the way to speak with other people in that tongue. Any student knows this – we can try our best at practicing, but you always want to avoid making embarrassing mistakes or not getting your message through correctly. “How do I get out of this situation?” many students ask themselves, to no avail, but no answer is forthcoming.Until now.We have compiled conversational German stories for beginners along with their translations, allowing new German…
13. Learn German for Beginners: An Easy and Fast Way To Learn the Basic of German Language,Build Your Vocabolary and Improve Your Reading and Conversation Skills (2019)
Buy the Paperback Version of this Book and get the Kindle Book version for FREE! German has a reputation for being a difficult language to learn especially for English speakers. While there is some truth to that – its grammar rules are more complicated and it has sounds that don’t exist in the English language – learning a new language will always be a challenge, no matter what it is, to foreign language learners.This book, Learn German for Beginners, offers an effective way to learn the basics of German. But first, let’s be clear about what this book…
The grammar section provides easily accessible information, with key grammatical points highlighted throughout, hundreds of examples of real German, and a full glossary of grammatical terminology. The verbs section offers 127 fully conjugated regular and irregular verbs. Major constructions and idiomatic phrases are given for all verb models. The handy vocabulary section covers 50 topics (such as family, free time, careers, computing, education, food and drink, health, and shopping)….
15. 2000 Most Common German Words in Context: Get Fluent & Increase Your German Vocabulary with 2000 German Phrases (German Language Lessons) (2018)
If you answered “ ” to at least one of those previous questions, then this book is for you! We’ve compiled the , a list of terms that will expand your vocabulary to levels previously unseen.Did you know that — according to an important study — learning the top two thousand (2000) most frequently used words will enable you to understand up to of all non-fiction and of fiction literature and of oral speech? Those are amazing stats, and this book will take you even further than those numbers! Don’t look any further, we’ve got what you need right here!In fact, we’re ready to turn you into a German speaker… are…
Best German Learning Books That You Need
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some german learning books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
German Language Learning: This Book includes: Learn German for Beginners, Phrase Book, Short Stories. Perfect For Travel! Get Fluent and Increase Your German Easily in Your Car or Anywhere you Want!
Author(s): Lab, Language Building
ID: 2875418, Publisher: , Year: 2021, Size: 8 Mb, Format: epub
Addressing Global Challenges and Quality Education: 15th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2020, Heidelberg, Germany, September 14–18, 2020, Proceedings
Author(s): Carlos Alario-Hoyos, María Jesús Rodríguez-Triana, Maren Scheffel, Inmaculada Arnedillo-Sánchez, Sebastian Maximilian Dennerlein
ID: 2888757, Publisher: Springer International Publishing;Springer, Year: 2020, Size: 28 Mb, Format: pdf
Learning German: A Journey through Language and Culture
Author(s): James Pfrehm
ID: 2436300, Publisher: The Teaching Company, Year: 2019-11, Size: 4 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not final. Some books are really record-breakers according to The Wall Street Journal, others are drafted by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant resources you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.