There are countless Financial Independence courses, tutorials, articles available online, but for some, having a book is still a necessity to learn. This is an up-to-date list of recommended books.
- 1. The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life (2016)
- 2. Playing with FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early): How Far Would You Go for Financial Freedom? (2019)
- 3. Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Fully Revised and Updated for 2018 (2008)
- 4. Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence (2019)
- 5. The Fiology Workbook: Your Guide to Financial Independence (2019)
- 6. The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement (2011)
- 7. Financial Independence in the 21st Century – Life Insurance * Utilize the Infinite Banking Concept * Complement Your 401K – Retirement Planning With … Peace by Dwayne Burnell (2012-06-01) (2012)
- 8. The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy (2010)
- 9. Common Sense: A Simple Plan for Financial Independence (1989)
- 10. Common Sense: A Simple Plan for Financial Independence (2013)
- 11. The 0 Cup of Coffee: A Lifestyle Approach to Financial Independence Especially for Millennials and the People Who Love Them (2017)
- 12. One Rental At A Time: The Journey to Financial Independence through Real Estate (2019)
- 13. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing! (2015)
- 14. The Financial Planning Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Building a Successful Financial Plan (2019 Edition) (2019)
- 15. The Wealthy Gardener: Life Lessons on Prosperity between Father and Son (2018)
- Related YouTube Video
“In the dark, bewildering, trap-infested jungle of misinformation and opaque riddles that is the world of investment, JL Collins is the fatherly wizard on the side of the path, offering a simple map, warm words of encouragement and the tools to forge your way through with confidence. You’ll never find a wiser advisor with a bigger heart.” — Malachi Rempen: Filmmaker, cartoonist, author and self-described ruffianThis book grew out of a series of letters to my daughter concerning various things—mostly about money and investing—she was not yet quite ready to hear.Since money is the single most powerful tool we have for…
2. Playing with FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early): How Far Would You Go for Financial Freedom? (2019)
What if a happier life was only a few simple choices away? A successful entrepreneur living in Southern California, Scott Rieckens had built a “dream life”: a happy marriage, a two-year-old daughter, a membership to a boat club, and a BMW in the driveway. But underneath the surface, Scott was creatively stifled, depressed, and overworked trying to help pay for his family’s beach-town lifestyle. Then one day, Scott listened to a podcast interview that changed everything. Five months later, he had quit his job, convinced his family to leave their home, and cut their expenses in half. Follow Scott and his…
3. Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Fully Revised and Updated for 2018 (2008)
For more than twenty-five years, Your Money or Your Life has been considered the go-to book for taking back your life by changing your relationship with money. Hundreds of thousands of people have followed this nine-step program, learning to live more deliberately and meaningfully with Vicki Robin’s guidance. This fully revised and updated edition with a foreword by “the Frugal Guru” (New Yorker) Mr. Money Mustache is the ultimate makeover of this bestselling classic, ensuring that its time-tested wisdom applies to people of all ages and covers modern topics like investing in index funds, managing…
4. Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence (2019)
A Blueprint for Financial IndependenceA common resolution set at the beginning of a new year is to “get my financial house in order.” But how can you build a house, let alone pour any kind of foundation, without a blueprint? There are dozens of books and gurus trying to push their advice and tell you how to spend and invest your money. And then, there are three suburban dads just trying to make the world a little bit better. Meet Brad Barrett and Jonathan Mendonsa of the award-winning ChooseFI podcast and Chris Mamula of the popular blog “Can I Retire…
Buy One, Give One. For every Fiology workbook purchased, the author will give a workbook to promote Financial Independence education.Fiology is a free online resource for anyone looking to understand their finances, take action, and become Financially Independent. In addition to the mechanics of saving and investing, the course addresses the issues of happiness, mindset, decision-making, dreaming big, and philosophy, enhancing your Financial Independence journey. The Fiology Workbook: Your Guide to Financial Independence will lead you through the…
This book provides service members, veterans, and their families with a critical roadmap for becoming financially independent prior to committing themselves to full-time retirement. It outlines how retiring military personnel in their early 40s can become happily semi-retired. Emphasizing the importance of family, lifestyle, and bridge careers, the book shows how to build a sound financial house based upon military benefits, savings, frugal living, and investing in oneself. Includes examples, checklists, websites, and appendices….
7. Financial Independence in the 21st Century – Life Insurance * Utilize the Infinite Banking Concept * Complement Your 401K – Retirement Planning With … Peace by Dwayne Burnell (2012-06-01) (2012)
We hear the same financial advice recycled time and time again: put your money in a 401(k), pay off your house and hope for the best. What if there is a better way to manage your money and your future other than hoping your money will grow in an unpredictable market? This book opens you to new financial possibilities. You can set yourself on a different financial path—one that enables you to reach a level of financial security, control and independence you might never have thought possible. Begin the journey now. An exciting future awaits. Learn how to: – Face the future with knowledge and confidence – Embrace a financial…
The bestselling The Millionaire Next Door identifies seven common traits that show up again and again among those who have accumulated wealth. Most of the truly wealthy in this country don’t live in Beverly Hills or on Park Avenue-they live next door. This new edition, the first since 1998, includes a new foreword for the twenty-first century by Dr. Thomas J. Stanley….
9. Common Sense: A Simple Plan for Financial Independence (1989)
Paperback: 68 pages Publisher: Parklake Publishers; 7th edition (1989) Language: English ASIN: B0007206RS Package Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.5 x 0.3 inches Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies) Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars 9 customer reviews Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,735,815 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) #602660 in Business & Money (Books) Would you like to tell us about a lower price? If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?…
10. Common Sense: A Simple Plan for Financial Independence (2013)
Common Sense is one of the very first books to address family finances and how to save, invest and get ahead and achieve financial independence. Art did it and so did many of the members of his start up company that revolutionized the insurance industry for the better. Over 16 million copies sold!…
11. The $500 Cup of Coffee: A Lifestyle Approach to Financial Independence Especially for Millennials and the People Who Love Them (2017)
“The $500 Cup of Coffee” helps balance present-day choices and future needs by asking, “why are you paying $500 for a cup of coffee?” If you’re a baby-boomer, like authors Steve Lome and Dave Kramer, you’re not. But if you’re 20 or 30-something years old, consistent investment of small amounts adds up over time. When you invest rather than ingest your coffee money, the future value of one week of gourmet coffee could easily exceed $500 thanks to the power of compound interest. Lome, a residential real estate developer, and co-author, David Kramer, a mortgage broker, nearly lost their shirts when the…
Have you ever thought about real estate investing as a path to financial freedom? Have you kicked around the idea but felt you were too busy with work and family responsibilities?If so, One Rental at a Time will transform your life, just as it has transformed my life and the lives of thousands of others.This book reveals how buying and holding rental properties will create a second income that can, in time, allow you to quit your day job. It worked for me and it can work for you too. What’s stopping you? Read the book and learn how One Rental at a Time can lead to financial independence….
13. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing! (2015)
In The Book on Rental Property Investing, real estate investor and co-host of the BiggerPockets Podcast Brandon Turner has one goal in mind: to give you every strategy, tool, tip, and technique needed to become a millionaire rental property investor―while helping you avoid the junk that pulls down so many wannabes!Written for both new and experienced investors, this book will impart years of experience through the informative and entertaining lessons contained within. You’ll find practical, up-to-date, exciting strategies that investors across the world are using to build…
14. The Financial Planning Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Building a Successful Financial Plan (2019 Edition) (2019)
provides a wealth of resources to help you create and monitor a successful financial plan. Explore the keys to financial success including investments, retirement planning, income planning, cash flow management, insurance, dependent planning, and estate planning.By breaking down complex financial concepts into clear, manageable tools, The Financial Planning Workbook provides an excellent balance between theory and practice, and is the definitive guide for building your own financial plan. • Set specific and achievable financial goals• Apply economic analysis to all financial decisions•…
“A financial classic of timeless wisdom. It changed me forever.” ––Tom BrownThey dubbed him the Wealthy Gardener due to his vast fortune and his passion for backyard gardening. The silly nickname stuck, and he didn’t object to it. Instead, within a year he renamed his vineyards The Wealthy Gardens.He enjoyed the name because it reminded him of a metaphor comparing life to a plot of land.Gardeners are not afraid of working hard to shape their landscape, but they are also aware of a mysterious Unseen Force that operates behind the scenes to make the…
Best Financial Independence Books Worth Your Attention
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some financial independence books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
The Great Financial Rebuild: Streetnomicsof Financial Independence and Surviving An Economic Crisis
Author(s): Mukasa, Livingstone
ID: 2692699, Publisher: Living Business Education, Year: 2020, Size: 589 Kb, Format: epub
Executing the Wheel: How To Implement The Triple-Income Strategy To Generate A New Stream Of Income.
Author(s): The Gamma Guys
ID: 2745797, Publisher: Self Published, Year: 2020, Size: 385 Kb, Format: pdf
Southeast Asia on Screen: From Independence to Financial Crisis (1945-1998)
Author(s): Gaik Cheng Khoo; Thomas Barker; Mary Ainslie
ID: 2792261, Publisher: Amsterdam University Press, Year: 2020, Size: 3 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not errorless. Some books are absolutely hot items according to Washington Post, others are composed by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant links you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.