While there are many courses and tutorials online, learning from a book is still one of the best ways to greatly improve your skills. Below I have selected top Expecting Baby books.
- 1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting (2016)
- 2. We’re Pregnant! The First Time Dad’s Pregnancy Handbook (2018)
- 3. 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Moms Pregnancy Guide (2018)
- 4. The Expectant Father: The Ultimate Guide for Dads-to-Be (The New Father) (2015)
- 5. The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start (2016)
- 6. What to Expect: The Congratulations, You’re Expecting! Gift Set: (Includes What to Expect When You’re Expecting and What to Expect The First Year) (2016)
- 7. What to Expect the First Year (2014)
- 8. The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby’s First Year (2013)
- 9. What to Eat When You’re Pregnant: A Week-by-Week Guide to Support Your Health and Your Baby’s Development (2015)
- 10. The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy: A Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Beyond (2017)
- 11. The Baby Owner’s Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance (Owner’s and Instruction Manual) (2012)
- 12. Dad’s Guide To Pregnancy For Dummies (For Dummies Series) (2014)
- 13. Watch Your Junk and Other Advice for Expectant Fathers (2016)
- 14. Before Birth: A week-by-week guide to your baby’s development during pregnancy (2015)
- Related YouTube Video
1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting (2016)
With 18.5 million copies in print, What to Expect When You’re Expecting is read by 93% of women who read a pregnancy book and was named one of the “Most Influential Books of the Last 25 Years” by USA Today. This cover-to-cover (including the cover!) new edition is filled with must-have information, advice, insight, and tips for a new generation of moms and dads. With What to Expect’s trademark warmth, empathy, and humor, it answers every conceivable question expecting parents could have, including dozens of new ones based on the ever-changing pregnancy and birthing practices and…
From first-time dad to all-time great parent and partnerBeing a great first-time dad doesn’t mean being perfect, it means approaching and participating in the pregnancy experience with confidence. From easy-to-understand stats on the mommy and baby, to discussing and designing a birthing plan, We’re Pregnant! The First-Time Dad’s Pregnancy Handbook provides insightful, in-depth suggestions on how to be an ideal partner, and become a fully-prepared parent.We’re Pregnant! The First-Time Dad’s Pregnancy Handbook gives the first-time father the tools he needs to prepare for a…
While your body is doing the important work of growing your baby, 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver nails down exactly what to do to prepare for your little one’s big debut.First-time moms have plenty to be grateful for ―and plenty to worry about. Centered on what’s most important to expecting moms, 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver narrows the vast field of pregnancy advice to 50 specific, proactive steps for confidence and peace of mind before baby arrives. Unlike other pregnancy books for first time moms, this book includes only what is necessary and helpful, and leaves out the rest. Written by Jill…
—best-selling author, broadcaster, nationally syndicated columnist, and dad of three—is . His wisdom—along with the advice of leading obstetricians and researchers, and the experience of hundreds of real-life dads—is collected here in The Expectant Father, the essential guide for dads-to-be. Brott’s reassuring of your partner’s pregnancy gives you the tools you need to support your partner, prepare for the baby’s arrival, and take care of yourself during this exciting time. Each chapter covers: ,…
5. The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start (2016)
“I’m thrilled that Dr. Lang has put her valuable knowledge into these pages. With this book in your hand, you are on your way to putting your health first and setting your baby up for lifelong wellness.”―JESSICA ALBA, co-founder of The Honest CompanyGood for baby, good for you: Every mom-to-be knows how important it is to pick the right foods when you’re eating for two―but the information overload on pre-natal nutrition can be stressful and time-consuming. The Whole Nine Months is your all-in-one pregnancy book with simple nutritional guidelines, up-to-date pregnancy research, and real…
6. What to Expect: The Congratulations, You’re Expecting! Gift Set: (Includes What to Expect When You’re Expecting and What to Expect The First Year) (2016)
The perfect gift for expecting parents: a slipcased set of the bestselling pregnancy and parenting guides. Gift set includes What to Expect When You're Expecting, 5th Edition and What to Expect: The First Year, 3rd Edition, the most beloved and trusted guides. An ideal baby shower gift, these books answer all the questions of mothers- and fathers-to-be and new parents. What to Expect When You're Expecting is the choice of 93% of women who read a pregnancy book, is the book most recommended by doctors, and was named one of the "Most Influential Books of the Last 25 Years" by USA Today….
7. What to Expect the First Year (2014)
With over 11 million copies in print, What to Expect: The First Year, now in a completely revised third edition, is the world’s best-selling, best-loved guide to the instructions that babies don’t come with, but should. And now, it’s better than ever. Every parent’s must-have/go-to is completely updated. Keeping the trademark month-by-month format that allows parents to take the potentially overwhelming first year one step at a time, First Year is easier-to-read, faster-to-flip-through, and new-family-friendlier than ever—packed with even more…
There comes a time in every new mother’s life when she finds herself staring at her screaming, smelly “bundle of joy” and wishing someone had told her that her house would reek of vomit, or that she shouldn’t buy the cute onesies with a thousand impossible buttons, or that she might cry more than the baby. Best-selling author Dawn Dais, mother of two tiny terrors, is convinced that there is a reason for this lack of preparedness. She believes that a vast conspiracy exists to hide the horrific truth about parenting from doe-eyed expectant mothers who might otherwise abandon their babies in hospitals and run for it. Eschewing…
9. What to Eat When You’re Pregnant: A Week-by-Week Guide to Support Your Health and Your Baby’s Development (2015)
New research suggests that the foods you eat during pregnancy can have lasting effects on your baby’s brain development and behavior, as well as your waistline. Drawing from the fields of medicine, nutrition, and psychology, this easy-to-follow guide, which also includes 50 recipes, gives you a clear understanding of what your body really needs and how certain foods contribute to the development of a healthy and happy baby….
10. The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy: A Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Beyond (2017)
The fourth title in Dawn Dais’s popular parenting series, The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy is quite possibly the funniest, and most heartfelt, yet. After all, pregnancy is not all about scanning Pinterest for baby shower themes and registering for ironic onesies, and sometimes the less flattering aspects of gestation have a way of dimming a bit of that so-called pregnancy glow.Not to worry! Dawn is here, ready to shepherd you through the experience of one human body taking on the task of growing another human body. (Spoiler alert: It ain’t always pretty.)Dawn covers it all, sharing expert lists, tips, warnings, and even a…
11. The Baby Owner’s Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance (Owner’s and Instruction Manual) (2012)
At Last! A Beginner’s Guide to Newborn Baby Technology You’ve programmed your DVR, you’ve installed a wireless Internet connection, you can even check Facebook on your cell phone. But none of this experience will prepare you for the world’s biggest technological marvel: a newborn baby. Through step-by-step instructions and helpful schematic diagrams, The Baby Owner’s Manual explores hundreds of frequently asked questions: What’s the best way to swaddle a baby? How can I make my newborn sleep through the night? When should I bring the baby to a doctor for servicing? Whatever your concerns, you’ll…
In today’s world, men are more involved in their wives’ pregnancies than ever before. This 2nd Edition of Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy For Dummies gives new fathers a hands-on guide that covers all of the logistical, physical, and emotional aspects of pregnancy. It is a wealth of information on topics, such as setting up the nursery, childbirth 101, and how to take care of your newborn. The book includes ideas for knowing the right time to break the news and the pregnancy timeline. Once the baby arrives, this handbook gives you the low-down on what you can expect during the first six months, such as how to change diapers…
– Why you shouldn't touch the wand in the sonogram room – The exact moment your opinion no longer counts – How friends and family will respond to the news – How TV and baby classes have lied to us – Which poop jokes to expect in the delivery room – How to convert diapers into usable guilt – How to insure your child says your name first And much, much moreWatch Your Junk includes a special twin version of fatherhood in the event that you are so much a man that you knocked up your wife twice at the same time. Originally released as The Dumb White Husband's Guide to Babies….
As a graduate of medical school and practicing pediatrician, Dr. Julie Currin was intimately aware of the amazing stages of fetal growth and development occurring during each of her three pregnancies. It wasn’t until her own sister’s pregnancy, however, that Currin realized how little reliable and accessible information was available to expectant parents who haven’t had the benefit of complex embryology and anatomy classes. So, with her sister and her sister’s rapidly growing unborn child in mind, Currin set out to translate the complex stages of growth she learned about during medical school courses…
Best Expecting Baby Books Reviewed & Ranked
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some expecting baby books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Eat This, Not That When You’re Expecting: The Doctor-Recommended Plan for Baby and You! Your Complete Guide to the Very Best Foods for Every Stage of Pregnancy
Author(s): Dr. Jennifer Ashton, David Zinczenko
ID: 1535199, Publisher: Galvanized Books, Year: 2016, Size: 302 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not absolute. Some books are really hot items according to USA Today, others are written by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.