Looking for the best Early Childhood books? Browse our list to find excellent book recommendations on the subject.
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8 (2008)
- The Early Childhood Coaching Handbook (2011)
- Assessment in Early Childhood Education (8th Edition) (2019)
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS-3) (2014)
- Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation (3rd Edition) (2016)
- The Exceptional Child: Inclusion in Early Childhood Education (2014)
- Early Childhood Education Today (14th Edition) (2018)
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Birth to Six Years (2015)
- Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education (9th Edition) (2019)
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health: Core Concepts and Clinical Practice (2013)
- Rethinking Early Childhood Education (2008)
- Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation (4th Edition) (2019)
- The Great Disconnect in Early Childhood Education: What We Know vs. What We Do (2015)
- Inspiring Early Childhood Leadership: Eight Strategies to Ignite Passion and Transform Program Quality (2016)
- Exploring Mathematics Through Play in the Early Childhood Classroom (Early Childhood Education (Teacher’s College Pr)) (2015)
Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age 8 (2008)
The book Developmentally Appropriate Practice has been an essential resource for the early childhood field since its first edition in 1987.
Evidence-based and highly effective, coaching helps early childhood practitioners support other professionals and families as they enhance existing knowledge, develop new skills, and promote healthy development of young children.
Written from a developmental perspective, provides current and future teachers alike with a comprehensive overview of all aspects of early childhood assessment, including the different possibilities available — far more than standardized tests — and how to use them most effectively for the benefit of the children in their classrooms.
Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS-3) (2014)
is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course.
The Exceptional Child: Inclusion in Early Childhood Education (2014)
George Morrison’s presents current, research-based information on providing high-quality early education to all children so that they can be successful in school and in life. The new edition retains the engaging style that has made the book so popular and provides practical examples of authentic teaching practices used by master teachers.
Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Birth to Six Years (2015)
NEW – Updated Second Edition of the Award Winning Book! Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years Brought to you from world-renowned, trusted experts in the fields of education, psychology and parenting. This book is an extensively updated version of the original gold standard. Within its pages you’ll find loving yet effective strategies for: Responding to tantrums, meltdowns, whining and arguing.
is appreciated for its practical, applied approach and its engaging chapter features that look at every aspect of the field — early childhood programs, professionals in practice, diversity, technology issues, and ethical decision making.
Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health: Core Concepts and Clinical Practice (2013)
Drawing from and grounded in their long-standing involvement in pioneering work on infant-parent mental health, the editors of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health: Core Concepts and Clinical Practice have assembled a comprehensive, theoretically insightful, and clinically useful volume for psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, pediatricians, social workers, psychotherapists, and all