Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Cosmology books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- Introduction To General Relativity And Cosmology (Essential Textbooks in Physics) (2016)
- Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology: An Introduction (2016)
- Your Cosmic Context: An Introduction to Modern Cosmology (2008)
- The Cosmic Perspective: Stars and Galaxies (8th Edition) (Bennett Science & Math Titles) (2016)
- Cosmos (2013)
- The Joyous Cosmology: Adventures in the Chemistry of Consciousness (2013)
- An Introduction to Modern Cosmology (2015)
- Cosmology: A Very Short Introduction (2001)
- Scripture and Cosmology: Reading the Bible Between the Ancient World and Modern Science (2015)
- Understanding Our Universe (Second Edition) (2014)
- Related YouTube Video
Introduction To General Relativity And Cosmology (Essential Textbooks in Physics) (2016)
Introduction to General Relativity and Cosmology gives undergraduate students an overview of the fundamental ideas behind the geometric theory of gravitation and spacetime. Through pointers on how to modify and generalise Einstein’s theory to enhance understanding, it provides a link between standard textbook content and current research in the field.
Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology: An Introduction (2016)
This second edition has been updated and substantially expanded. Starting with the description of our home galaxy, the Milky Way, this cogently written textbook introduces the reader to the astronomy of galaxies, their structure, active galactic nuclei, evolution and large scale distribution in the Universe.
Your Cosmic Context: An Introduction to Modern Cosmology (2008)
provides a framework for exploring the nature and history of our universe. Equally well suited for independent reading and study or for a one-term general education course in cosmology, this book is a guide to the key insights of scientific cosmology, including the big bang theory and exotic entities like dark matter and dark energy.
The Cosmic Perspective: Stars and Galaxies (8th Edition) (Bennett Science & Math Titles) (2016)
For two-semester courses in astronomy. Building on a long tradition of effective pedagogy and comprehensive coverage, provides a thoroughly engaging and up-to-date introduction to astronomy for non-science majors.
Cosmos is one of the bestselling science books of all time. In clear-eyed prose, Sagan reveals a jewel-like blue world inhabited by a life form that is just beginning to discover its own identity and to venture into the vast ocean of space.
The Joyous Cosmology: Adventures in the Chemistry of Consciousness (2013)
The Joyous Cosmology is Alan Watts’s exploration of the insight that the consciousness-changing drugs LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin can facilitate when accompanied with sustained philosophical reflection by a person who is in search, not of kicks, but of understanding.” More than an artifact, it is both a riveting memoir of Watts’s personal experiments and a profound meditation on our perennial questions about the