Our list of some of the best Classical Philosophy books & series in recent years. Get inspired by one or more of the following books.
- Classical Philosophy: A history of philosophy without any gaps, Volume 1 (2016)
- Ludwig Feuerbach and the end of classical German philosophy (1976)
- Readings in Classical Chinese Philosophy (2000)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Classical and Contemporary Readings (2018)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Classical and Contemporary Readings (2015)
- Knowledge in a Nutshell: Classical Philosophy: The complete guide to the founders of western philosophy, including Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Epicurus (2018)
- Introduction to Classical Chinese Philosophy (2011)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Classical and Contemporary Readings (2012)
- Classical Arabic Philosophy: An Anthology of Sources (2007)
- The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (World’s Classics) (1991)
- Classic Spirituality for the Modern Man (Classics for the Modern Man) (2017)
- 50 Philosophy Classics: Your shortcut to the most important ideas on being, truth, and meaning (50 Classics) (2017)
- The Transhumanist Reader: Classical and Contemporary Essays on the Science, Technology, and Philosophy of the Human Future (2013)
Classical Philosophy: A history of philosophy without any gaps, Volume 1 (2016)
Classical Philosophy is the first of a series of books in which Peter Adamson aims ultimately to present a complete history of philosophy, more thoroughly but also more enjoyably than ever before.
Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations › View or edit your browsing history After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
Readings in Classical Chinese Philosophy (2000)
Long over due, this anthology collects in one volume new translations of some of the central works by major early Chinese philosophers-Kongzi (Confucius), Mozi, Mengzi (Mencius), Laozi, Zhuangzi, Xunzi, and Han Feizi. The book offers an excellent and balanced selection of texts in readable translations that reflect the very latest in fine scholarship.
Introduce your students to philosophy with the most widely used, trusted, and comprehensive topically organized collection of classical and contemporary readings available.Easy to use for both students and instructors, Introduction to Philosophy: Classical and Contemporary Readings incorporates boldfaced key terms (listed after each reading and defined in the glossary), a “Logical Toolkit,” a guide to writing philosophy papers, and