There are countless Career courses, tutorials, articles available online, but for some, having a book is still a necessity to learn. This is an up-to-date list of recommended books.
- 1. Careers: The Graphic Guide to Planning Your Future (2015)
- 2. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2019: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers (2018)
- 3. Career Trek: The Journey Begins (2007)
- 4. The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success (Touchstone Books (Paperback)) (2012)
- 5. Travel Career Development: Student Workbook (10th Edition) (2016)
- 6. Starting Your Career as a Photo Stylist: A Comprehensive Guide to Photo Shoots, Marketing, Business, Fashion, Wardrobe, Off Figure, Product, Prop, Room Sets, and Food Styling (Starting Your Career) (2012)
- 7. Student Manual for Sharf’s Applying Career Development Theory to Counseling, 5th (2009)
- 8. The Career Fitness Program: Exercising Your Options Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab — Access Card Package (11th Edition) by Sukiennik Professor Emeritus, Diane, Raufman Professor Emeri 11th edition (2015) Paperback ()
- 9. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2020: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers (2019)
- 10. ¿De que color es tu paracaidas? (Un manual practico para personas que buscan emp leo o un cambio de profesion) Edicion del 40 aniversario) (Spanish Edition) (2012)
- 11. The Strange Career of Bilingual Education in Texas 1836-1981[STRANGE CAREER OF BILINGUAL ED][Paperback] (2007)
- 12. Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type (2014)
- 13. Rise: 3 Practical Steps for Advancing Your Career, Standing Out as a Leader, and Liking Your Life (2012)
- 14. Breaking Into the Game Industry: Advice for a Successful Career from Those Who Have Done It (2011)
- Related YouTube Video
“This is the prettiest, most well-organized, useful and up to date guide to careers that I have ever seen.” — Dick Bolles, author, What Color Is Your Parachute?It’s never too early for your teen or tween to start thinking about a career, and Careers is the perfect way to do it. Inspiring and imaginative as well as practical, Careers has charts and tables that help middle- and high-schoolers gauge interest about possible careers — it’s like having a personal college and career advisor by their side whenever they need it!Covering more than 400 jobs in fields…
2. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2019: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers (2018)
In today’s complex job-market, the time-tested advice of What Color Is Your Parachute? is needed more than ever. Recent grads facing a changing economic landscape, workers laid off mid-career, and people searching for an inspiring work-life change all look to career guru Richard N. Bolles for support, encouragement, and advice on which job-hunt strategies work and which don’t. This revised edition combines classic elements like the famed Flower Exercise with updated tips on social media and search tactics. Bolles demystifies the entire job-search process, from writing resumes to interviewing…
3. Career Trek: The Journey Begins (2007)
Using an engaging adventurer theme, Career Trek emphasizes ways to transform one’s education investment into career success. This book covers essential career management topics such as self-awareness, networking, and resume writing, and goes beyond to discuss the importance of person-job fit and long-term career management strategies. Summaries and hands-on activities accompany each chapter and help readers uncover their own passions and skills. The book’s tone is practical and engaging and its points are amplified by the references to Into Thin Air, by Jon Krakauer. Career Exploration or Career…
4. The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success (Touchstone Books (Paperback)) (2012)
This classic bestseller is THE career-design bible for college graduates and midlife career-changers alike. Now fully revised and updated for the twenty-first century! Based on breakthrough techniques developed by Rockport Institute, an innovative and award-winning career-counseling network that has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, The Pathfinder offers invaluable advice and more than 100 self-tests and diagnostic tools that will help you choose an entirely new career—or view a current job from a new, more positive…
Hundreds of thousands of students have used Travel Career Development textbook as a key to unlocking a career in the travel industry. In its pages, you will learn the art of selling travel, they keys to servicing customers, the variety of experiences you may be selling, as well as the myriad directions your career in travel can take you….
6. Starting Your Career as a Photo Stylist: A Comprehensive Guide to Photo Shoots, Marketing, Business, Fashion, Wardrobe, Off Figure, Product, Prop, Room Sets, and Food Styling (Starting Your Career) (2012)
How to manage your business as an aspiring and working stylist, no matter your area of expertise.This invaluable career manual explores the numerous directions a career in photo styling can take. Starting Your Career as a Photo Stylist prepares new and working stylists with in-depth information on food styling, fashion styling, and six other areas of specialization. Readers will also learn everything they need to know about practical aspects of the profession, including production, casting, location scouting, working with a photo crew, creating a portfolio, and marketing their work. Established stylists will…
7. Student Manual for Sharf’s Applying Career Development Theory to Counseling, 5th (2009)
Written by Richard Sharf, this new Student Manual provides students with additional resources to solidify key concepts, apply and understand their own career development from a theoretical perspective, and learn useful client exercises whether doing practica or working on-the-job….
8. The Career Fitness Program: Exercising Your Options Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab — Access Card Package (11th Edition) by Sukiennik Professor Emeritus, Diane, Raufman Professor Emeri 11th edition (2015) Paperback ()
Paperback Publisher: Prentice Hall; 11 edition (1601) ASIN: B010IL9AVU Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars 48 customer reviews Would you like to tell us about a lower price? If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?…
9. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2020: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers (2019)
What Color Is Your Parachute? is the world’s most popular job-hunting guide, revised and updated annually with more than ten million copies sold. This newly streamlined edition features the latest resources, case studies, and perspectives on today’s job market, revealing surprising advice on what works—and what doesn’t—so you can focus your efforts on tactics that yield results. At its core is Richard N. Bolles’s famed Flower Exercise, a unique self-inventory that helps you design your career—and your life—around your key passions, transferable skills, traits, and more….
10. ¿De que color es tu paracaidas? (Un manual practico para personas que buscan emp leo o un cambio de profesion) Edicion del 40 aniversario) (Spanish Edition) (2012)
El libro de búsqueda de empleo más vendido en el mundo. Diez millones de ejemplares vendidos. Éste no es el Paracaídas que leyó su padre, ni tampoco el que leyó su madre. Ambos se sorprenderían con los cambios. Por espacio de cuarenta años, las personas que buscan empleo o un cambio de profesión han recurrido al libro de búsqueda de empleo más popular del mundo, confiados en que cada edición les ofrecerá la información más actualizada sobre el mercado laboral y cómo…
11. The Strange Career of Bilingual Education in Texas 1836-1981[STRANGE CAREER OF BILINGUAL ED][Paperback] (2007)
Title: The Strange Career of Bilingual Education in Texas 1836-1981 Binding: Paperback Author: CarlosKevinBlanton Publisher: TexasA&MUniversityPress…
12. Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type (2014)
Do What You Are — the time-honored classic that has already helped more than a million people find truly satisfying work — is now updated to include jobs in today’s hottest markets, including health services, education, and communications technology.With the global economy’s ups and downs, the advent of astonishing new technology, the migration to online work and study, and the ascendancy of mobile communication, so much has changed in the American workplace since this book’s fourth edition was published in 2007. What hasn’t changed is the power of Personality Type to help people achieve job…
13. Rise: 3 Practical Steps for Advancing Your Career, Standing Out as a Leader, and Liking Your Life (2012)
Patty Azzarello became the youngest general manager at Hewlett-Packard at age thirty-three, ran a $1 billion software business at thirty-five, and became a CEO at thirty-eight-all without turning into a self-centered, miserable jerk. In Rise, Azzarello shares the insider secrets to advancing your career (while having a life) in three practical steps: Do Better: Set ruthless priorities, and work and lead more strategically to deal with frustrating obstacles. Look Better: Build your credibility with the people who can help (or blacklist) you. Connect Better: Develop your…
14. Breaking Into the Game Industry: Advice for a Successful Career from Those Who Have Done It (2011)
Aspiring and professional game developers have a lot of questions: What should be in their portfolios? How do they make contacts? How do they negotiate salaries? How much do game designers make? What should they wear to interviews? In this fast-paced and humorous guide, the authors answer these questions and many more, including the ones you didn’t know to ask. BREAKING INTO THE GAME INDUSTRY: ADVICE FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER FROM THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT, provides aspiring game developers the know-how and confidence they need to make it in the industry. Written in a unique and engaging question and answer format, the book presents a…
Best Career Books That Will Hook You
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some career books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Career Guidance : A Handbook for Policy Makers.
ID: 2148852, Publisher: Organization for Economic Cooperation & Development, Year: Dec. 2004, Size: 563 Kb, Format: pdf
Career Errors: Straight Talk about the Steps and Missteps of Career Development
Author(s): Frank Burtnett
ID: 2392639, Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Year: 26 Jun 2019, Size: 1 Mb, Format: epub
Data Structures And Algorithmic Thinking With Go
Author(s): Narasimha Karumanchi
ID: 2594540, Publisher: CareerMonk Publications, Year: 2021, Size: 6 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not absolute. Some books are absolutely hot items according to Chicago Tribune, others are drafted by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant books you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.