There are countless Baby Development courses, tutorials, articles available online, but for some, having a book is still a necessity to learn. This is an up-to-date list of recommended books.
- 1. Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 6th Edition: Birth to Age 5 (2014)
- 2. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind (2012)
- 3. The Wonder Weeks: How to Stimulate Your Baby’s Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases into Magical Leaps Forward(5th Edition) (2017)
- 4. What to Expect the First Year (2014)
- 5. Brain Rules for Baby (Updated and Expanded): How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five (2014)
- 6. Baby’s First Year Milestones: Promote and Celebrate Your Baby’s Development with Monthly Games and Activities (2018)
- 7. Understanding Your Baby: A Week-By-Week Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Baby From Birth to 12 Months (2018)
- 8. The Happiest Baby on the Block; Fully Revised and Updated Second Edition: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer (2015)
- 9. Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby’s First Year: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too! (2012)
- 10. Babies Do Amazing Things: A Picture Guide to Development (2018)
- Related YouTube Video
From the American Academy of Pediatrics, the most up-to-date, expert advice for mothers, fathers, and care providers All parents want to provide the very best care for their children. This essential resource from the most respected organization on child health is the one guide pediatricians routinely recommend and parents can safely trust, covering everything from preparing for childbirth to toilet training to nurturing your child’s self-esteem. Whether it’s resolving common childhood health problems or detailed instructions for coping with emergency…
2. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind (2012)
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The authors of No-Drama Discipline and The Yes Brain explain the new science of how a child’s brain is wired and how it matures in this pioneering, practical book. “Simple, smart, and effective solutions to your child’s struggles.”—Harvey Karp, M.D. In this pioneering, practical book, Daniel J. Siegel, neuropsychiatrist and author of the bestselling Mindsight, and parenting expert Tina Payne Bryson offer a revolutionary approach to child rearing with twelve key strategies that foster healthy brain development, leading to calmer, happier children. The authors explain—and…
3. The Wonder Weeks: How to Stimulate Your Baby’s Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases into Magical Leaps Forward(5th Edition) (2017)
How to stimulate your baby’s mental development and help him turn his 10 predictable, great, fussy phases into magical leaps forward describes the incredible mental developmental changes (leaps) and regression periods that all babies go through. Understanding the real reason behind crying, eating and sleeping problems is the only real solution every parent needs.The Wonder Weeks reveals what’s going on inside baby’s mind. Including a bonus chapter with everything about the relationship between sleep and leaps, as well as unique insight into your baby’s sleeping behavior. The book includes:…
4. What to Expect the First Year (2014)
With over 11 million copies in print, What to Expect: The First Year, now in a completely revised third edition, is the world’s best-selling, best-loved guide to the instructions that babies don’t come with, but should. And now, it’s better than ever. Every parent’s must-have/go-to is completely updated. Keeping the trademark month-by-month format that allows parents to take the potentially overwhelming first year one step at a time, First Year is easier-to-read, faster-to-flip-through, and new-family-friendlier than ever—packed with even more practical tips, realistic advice, and…
5. Brain Rules for Baby (Updated and Expanded): How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five (2014)
What’s the single most important thing you can do during pregnancy? What does watching TV do to a child’s brain? What’s the best way to handle temper tantrums? Scientists know. In his New York Times bestseller Brain Rules, Dr. John Medina showed us how our brains really work—and why we ought to redesign our workplaces and schools. Now, in Brain Rules for Baby, he shares what the latest science says about how to raise smart and happy children from zero to five. This book is destined to revolutionize parenting. Just one of the surprises: The best way to get your…
6. Baby’s First Year Milestones: Promote and Celebrate Your Baby’s Development with Monthly Games and Activities (2018)
Baby’s First Year Milestones is a month-by-month guide filled with activities designed to support your baby’s development during their first year of life.In twelve months, your newborn will transform into a child. To celebrate each new development, Baby’s First Year Milestones offers a practical month-by-month guide to understanding the major milestones in your child’s life.In Baby’s First Year Milestones, child development expert Aubrey Hargis offers knowledgeable insight into the changes you can expect during the first year, as well as action-oriented guidance for supporting your baby…
7. Understanding Your Baby: A Week-By-Week Development & Activity Guide For Playing With Your Baby From Birth to 12 Months (2018)
If you’ve ever wished for a step-by-step guide to supporting your baby’s development… Distilled, research-based developmental information paired with simple activities to play with your baby on a week-by-week basis, guiding you and your baby through the first year of life. There’s no such thing as a “how-to-parent” guide – but this book comes close… a rare gem that helps parents feel informed. Learn how to “think outside the box” when it comes to play – without any of the “mommy judgment” or guilt that often comes along with books (or discussions) on parenting infants….
8. The Happiest Baby on the Block; Fully Revised and Updated Second Edition: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer (2015)
Thousands of parents, from regular moms and dads to Hollywood superstars, have come to baby expert Dr. Harvey Karp to learn his remarkable techniques for soothing babies and increasing sleep. Now his landmark book—fully revised and updated with the latest insights into infant sleep, bedsharing, breastfeeding, swaddling, and SIDS risk—can teach you too! Dr. Karp’s highly successful method is based on four revolutionary concepts: Why babies still yearn for a womblike atmosphere . . . even after birth An “off…
A steady, ever-present resource of both information and wisdom for brand-new parents taking care of their child from the newborn stage through the baby’s first year of life. When you’re faced with a perplexing development, reach for this complete Guide by the baby experts at the renowned Mayo Clinic By doctors who are also parents. Yikes, you’re suddenly parents, home alone with your brand-new baby! Where’s your own mother or smart friend —where’s your…
Babies Do Amazing Things is an easy-to-read, beautifully photographed book about how babies develop movement and play skills. Mollie, a fictional baby, tells the story of how she and her friends learn to move and play as they grow from newborns to their first birthday. Each simple chapter, filled with photographs of 33 real babies, is a month by month journey through motor development. Whether you just look at the photographs, follow Mollie’s simple story, or read the in-depth Parent Notes, Mollie and her friends will help you to celebrate all the small steps your baby takes. This is not a book to help your child…
Best Baby Development Books: The Ultimate Collection
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some baby development books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
What to Feed Your Baby and Toddler: a Month-By-Month Guide to Support Your Child's Health and Development
Author(s): Avena, Nicole M
ID: 2599364, Publisher: Potter;Ten Speed;Harmony;Rodale;Potter;TenSpeed;Harmony, Year: 2018, Size: 17 Mb, Format: epub
What to eat when you’re pregnant : a week-by-week guide to support your health and your baby’s development during pregnancy
Author(s): Avena, Nicole M.
ID: 2091450, Publisher: Ten Speed Press, Year: 2015, Size: 2 Mb, Format: epub
Retro baby : cut back on all the gear and boost your baby's development with more than 100 time-tested activities
Author(s): Anne H Zachry PhD
ID: 2089530, Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics, Year: 2014, Size: 5 Mb, Format: epub
Please note that this booklist is not definite. Some books are really record-breakers according to The New York Times, others are composed by unknown authors. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant links you could recommend? Leave a comment if you have any feedback on the list.