Below I’ll give you my selections for the best Algebra books by a few categories. I will cover these and other great books more in depth later.
- 1. Practical Algebra: A Self-Teaching Guide, Second Edition ()
- 2. No-Nonsense Algebra, 2nd Edition: Part of the Mastering Essential Math Skills Series (2018)
- 3. Student Solutions Manual for Hirsch/Goodman’s Understanding Elementary Algebra with Geometry: A Course for College Students (2005)
- 4. Algebra 1 Workbook: The Self-Teaching Guide and Practice Workbook with Exercises and Related Explained Solution. You Will Get and Improve Your Algebra 1 Skills and Knowledge from A to Z (2018)
- 5. Algebra Structure and Method Book 1 Solution Key ISBN# 0395677645 ()
- 6. Algebra I Workbook For Dummies (2017)
- 7. Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers: Linear & Quadratic Equations, Cross Multiplying, and Systems of Equations: Improve Your Math Fluency Series (2010)
- 8. Painless Algebra (Barron’s Painless) (2016)
- 9. Student Solutions Manual for Gustafson/Karr/Massey’s Beginning and Intermediate Algebra: An Integrated Approach, 6th (2010)
- 10. No-Nonsense Algebra: Part of the Mastering Essential Math Skills Series (2011)
- 11. Spectrum Algebra (2015)
- 12. Algebra: Grades 6-8 (Kumon Math Workbooks) (2016)
- 13. Introduction to Algebra (2007)
- Related YouTube Video
Practical Algebra If you studied algebra years ago and now need arefresher course in order to use algebraic principles on the job,or if you’re a student who needs an introduction to the subject,here’s the perfect book for you. Practical Algebra is an easy andfun-to-use workout program that quickly puts you in command of allthe basic concepts and tools of algebra. With the aid of practical,real-life examples and applications, you’ll learn: * The basic approach and application of algebra to problemsolving * The number system (in a much broader way than you have known itfrom arithmetic) * Monomials and polynomials; factoring algebraic…
COMPLETELY EDITED, AND NOW CONTAINS EXTRA CHAPTER QUIZZES TO MAXIMIZE LEARNING. ONE EXTRA QUIZ FOR EACH CHAPTER.Includes free online video tutorials, taught by the author. One for each lesson in the text.Lessons are presented in a format that everyone can easily understand.Also, check out our new No-Nonsense Algebra Practice Workbook. The perfect companion to the text. The perfect way to ensure mastery of all Algebra topics.Includes a complete review of Pre-Algebra.Each Lesson flows smoothly and logically to the nextEach less on is short, concise, and to the pointLots of examples with…
3. Student Solutions Manual for Hirsch/Goodman’s Understanding Elementary Algebra with Geometry: A Course for College Students (2005)
The Student Solutions Manual provides worked solutions to the odd-numbered problems in the text….
4. Algebra 1 Workbook: The Self-Teaching Guide and Practice Workbook with Exercises and Related Explained Solution. You Will Get and Improve Your Algebra 1 Skills and Knowledge from A to Z (2018)
LEARN AND IMPROVE YOUR ALGEBRA SKILLSThis book contains: Algebra is a very noteworthy subfield of mathematics in its versatility alone if nothing else. You will be hard-pressed to find one single area of mathematics that is taught after algebra in which algebra is not practiced in almost every situation.The most general and the most commonly used definition of algebra is the study of mathematical symbols as well as the study of the manipulation of these symbols.Mathematical symbols are one of the most basic elements of mathematics, aside from numbers…
Solution Key for Algebra Structure and Method Book 1…
6. Algebra I Workbook For Dummies (2017)
Algebra I Workbook For Dummies is your solution to the Algebra brain-block. With hundreds of practice and example problems mapped to the typical high school Algebra class, you’ll crack the code in no time! Each problem includes a full explanation so you can see where you went wrong—or right—every step of the way. From fractions to FOIL and everything in between, this guide will help you grasp the fundamental concepts you’ll use in every other math class you’ll ever take. This new third edition includes access to an online test bank, where you’ll find…
7. Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers: Linear & Quadratic Equations, Cross Multiplying, and Systems of Equations: Improve Your Math Fluency Series (2010)
: The new edition includes these updates: : Chris McMullen earned his Ph.D. in physics from Oklahoma State University and currently teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He developed the Improve Your Math Fluency series of workbooks to help students become more fluent in basic math skills. : This Algebra Essentials Practice Workbook with Answers provides ample practice for developing fluency in very fundamental algebra skills – in particular, how to solve standard equations for one or more unknowns. These algebra 1 practice exercises are relevant for students of all levels – from grade 7 thru college algebra. This…
8. Painless Algebra (Barron’s Painless) (2016)
Geared toward middle school– and high school–level learners, Painless Algebra takes a lighthearted, humorous approach to learning vocab and is ideal for students who find it confusing, or who just need a little extra help.Students can test their learning progress with quizzes and “Brain Ticklers”, plus additional games online to challenge students, including Beat the Clock, a line match game, and a word scramble.The authors' main goal is to clear up confusion and pique interest by emphasizing the intriguing and often…
9. Student Solutions Manual for Gustafson/Karr/Massey’s Beginning and Intermediate Algebra: An Integrated Approach, 6th (2010)
The Student Solutions Manual provides worked-out solutions to the odd-numbered problems in the textbook….
For the best possible experience as a buyer, we suggest that you use the Ships From and Sold by Amazon.com option. AlSO, CHECK OUT OUR NEW TITLE, NO-NONSENSE ALGEBRA PRACTICE WORKBOOK. THE PERFECT COMPANION TO THE NO-NONSENSE ALGEBRA TEXT. PRACTICE PROBLEMS FOR EACH LESSON IN THE TEXT. A PERFECT COMBINATION TO ENSURE MASTERY OF ALL ALGEBRA TOPICS!Includes free online video tutorials. One for each lesson in the book. Lessons are presented in a format that everyone can easily understand.Includes a complete review of Pre Algebra. Each Lesson flows smoothly…
11. Spectrum Algebra (2015)
GRADES 6–8/AGES 11–14: The Spectrum Algebra for Grades 6–8 Workbook eases the challenge of middle school by helping your child ramp up their algebra and geometry skills with focused instruction. INCLUDES: Progressive practice for a variety of math problem-solving skills like equations and inequalities, fractions and graphing, rational numbers, and more, as well as an answer key. WHY CHOOSE SPECTRUM: A best-selling series for more than 15 years, Spectrum leads the way because it works. Both parents and teachers have been able to…
12. Algebra: Grades 6-8 (Kumon Math Workbooks) (2016)
Kumon Algebra Workbook applies the Kumon Method to algebra, so your child can build strong algebra skills without feeling anxious or overwhelmed. Topics include solving for x, simplifying algebraic expressions, linear equations, inequalities, graphing equations, and more. This workbook combines two workbooks in one for optimal practice. The Answer Key for Workbook I is in the middle of the book and the Answer Key for Workbook II is in the back of the book….
13. Introduction to Algebra (2007)
Best Algebra Books Everyone Should Read
We highly recommend you to buy all paper or e-books in a legal way, for example, on Amazon. But sometimes it might be a need to dig deeper beyond the shiny book cover. Before making a purchase, you can visit resources like Genesis and download some algebra books mentioned below at your own risk. Once again, we do not host any illegal or copyrighted files, but simply give our visitors a choice and hope they will make a wise decision.
Modular Lie algebras
Author(s): G. B. Seligman
ID: 1573419, Publisher: , Year: Springer, Size: 9 Mb, Format: pdf
Factorization algebras in quantum field theory
Author(s): Kevin Costello, Owen Gwilliam
ID: 1303482, Publisher: draft, Year: November 2014, Size: 2 Mb, Format: pdf
Linear Algebra and Its Applications
Author(s): David C. Lay, Steven R. Lay, Judi J. McDonald
ID: 1401084, Publisher: Pearson Education, Year: c2016, Size: 32 Mb, Format: pdf
Please note that this booklist is not definite. Some books are absolutely best-sellers according to The Wall Street Journal, others are written by unknown writers. On top of that, you can always find additional tutorials and courses on Coursera, Udemy or edX, for example. Are there any other relevant resources you could recommend? Drop a comment if you have any feedback on the list.