Blog Tour: “One Bite Per Night” by Brooklyn Ann (Interview) + #Giveaway
Welcome to Book Lovin’ Mamas virtual stop on Brooklyn Ann’s One Bite Per Night Blog Tour brought to you by Sourcebooks.
HEY, IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!
1. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Eccentric, nerdy, artistic, grease-monkey, bookworm.
2. Tell us a little bit about One Bite Per Night, and why readers should definitely check it out?
Vincent Tremayne, Earl of Deveril and Lord Vampire of Cornwall is approached by the Dowager Countess of Morley because of an ancient alliance between their families. Her son, the earl, has died twenty years after marrying commoner and moving to America. He left a daughter and the Countess fears the “uncouth American” will ruin her other granddaughter’s debut. She prevails upon the old alliance and asks Vincent to become Lydia Price’s guardian.
Due to the countess’s utter biliousness, Vincent agrees. He plans to not only get her married quickly and thus off his hands, but to ensure that the heroine outshines her cousin just to spite the countess.
But when Lydia arrives in Cornwall, Vincent has a problem: he wants her for himself and she is not making resistance easy. But the Lord Vampire of London urges Vincent to follow his original plan- or face dire consequences.
And I think readers should check it out because the love story has ALL THE FEELS, and at the very least because I did something that’s never before been done in a romance novel.
3. What was your favorite scene to write in One Bite Per Night? (of course without giving too much away)
Probably the first kiss. I absolutely love reading and writing about first kisses, and this one was extra fun to write. Since Vincent is supposed to be Lydia’s guardian, he feels VERY guilty for his attraction to her. He fights it tooth and nail, but the poor guy does find an excuse to finally kiss her and the way it happens is absolutely adorable.
4. What are some of Vincent’s qualities that are going to make him irresistible to readers?
Aside from being super tall and handsome, he’s intelligent and fun to converse with, has a great sense of humor, is a total sweetie unless he needs to be ruthlessly protective, and he’s extremely passionate in the sack.
5. What inspired you to write the Scandals with Bite series and how many books are planned?
I’ve always wanted to combine my 2 favorite genres, historical and paranormal, so once I had a story idea, I ran with it. I was originally contracted for 3 books, but I have ideas for at least 3 more.
6. Book Lovin’ Mamas Lil’ Sidekick: What inspired you to become a writer?
I had too many imaginary friends with imaginary adventures so I decided that if I didn’t start writing them down, I’d go crazy.
7. Book Lovin’ Mamas Lil’ Sidekick: Who are some your favorite authors?
Stephen King, Jess Haines, JR Ward, Bonnie Paulson, Shana Galen, and Shelley Martin
8. Fun question: If you could travel back in time, what era would you choose to go to and why?
The late 80’s, so I could go to all the awesome heavy metal concerts and see some of my favorite horror movies on the big screen.
9. What is up next for Brooklyn Ann?
BITE AT FIRST SIGHT, Book 3 in my Scandals with Bite series releases next Spring, (That’s Rafe’s story for those familiar with my series) and Book 2 of my New Adult paranormal romance series, IRONIC SACRIFICE releases in October.
10. Anything specific you want to tell your readers?
Thank you. I couldn’t do this without you.
One Bite Per Night
(Scandals with Bite #2)
Author: Brooklyn Ann
Publishing Date: August 5, 2014
Genre: Paranormal Historical Romance
He wanted her off his hands…
Vincent Tremayne, the reclusive “Devil Earl,” has been manipulated into taking rambunctious Lydia Price as his ward. As Lord Vampire of Cornwall, Vincent has better things to do than bring out an unruly debutante.
Now he’ll do anything to hold on forever
American-born Lydia Price doesn’t care for the stuffy strictures of the ton, and is unimpressed with her foppish suitors. She dreams of studying with the talented but scandalous British portrait painter, Sir Thomas Lawrence. But just when it seems her dreams will come true, Lydia is plunged into Vincent’s dark world and finds herself caught between the life she’s known and a future she never could have imagined.
Sourcebooks is giving away one paperback copy of One Bite Per Night by Brooklyn Ann to one lucky winner.
Giveaway is OPEN to U.S./Canada Residents ONLY.
Winner will be announced on August 19, 2014
Please make sure to read our GIVEAWAY policy and follow the Rafflecopter instructions below before entering.
Latest posts by FranJessca (see all)
- Spotlight: ‘A Gentleman’s Game” by @TheresaRomain (Excerpt + #Giveaway) - February 9, 2016
- Happy Release Day to @Susan_Stoker!! ‘Rescuing Rayne’ is out today! - February 9, 2016
- Stephanie Julian’s Lucani Lovers Relaunch - February 8, 2016